PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Lucky you. About 50 years ago I acquired a girlfriend because she loved the smell of my tobacco (Balkan Sobranie).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just how bad were those cigars you used to smoke? My wife likes the smell of MacB's HH Old Dark Fired, from the next room.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Welcome Jeffrey. You have a way with words. I've been told I have a way with words as well. The wrong way. :roll:

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
My wife is already cruising Ebay searching for that book! She actually refers to our living room as The Bear Cave.
Its called 'The Big Brown Bear', its a golden book and a great read! I read it to my daughter...
Isaac

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Thank you all again for your overwhelming kindness, and all around awesomeness! I look forward to lurking these boards for some time to come.
Its called 'The Big Brown Bear', its a golden book and a great read! I read it to my daughter...
Thank you, Isaac! I guess my wife had read it often as a little girl. So, I guess, while her peers were being taught to seek out their shinning prince on a white horse, she decided to for the cranky bear with the corn cob.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Love the intro and congrats on scoring a woman supportive in such a way to push and encourage you into your interests and passions! My wife is the same way, beautiful, supportive, encouraging, a true best friend. It makes me sad however that's she's entirely fictional, a product of solitude and imagination, but good for you for getting a real one!! Welcome to the jungle.

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Welcome aboard Jeff and enjoyed your first post. I like burley blends myself, but have not tried any of the C&D blends. I have had some of the Uhles Tobacco Shop burley blends and they are very good, and blended by them at their shop in Milwaukee since the 1930s. I plan on getting some C&D burleys soon

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Hello Jeffrey Deal,

Welcome to the fun. You're already a avid pipe smoker it seems and know a lot of the different tobaccos and what you like. You are no beginner Sir Grump. :)
Many of the folks here really enjoy the reading/writing of a well written story and you fit in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.