PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There was much anxiety a few years ago about regulations that would cause new blends to require hundreds of thousands of dollars just to get approved for sale.

This may happen yet, but the deadlines for its implementation are long past and nothing noteworthy has been done on it. I think other pressing issues, not to mention the pandemic, put the whole project on pause, and I'm not hearing a thing about it now.

Sometimes reality catches up with overblown intentions, and it's all to the good. As the old cliche has it, cooler heads prevailed.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
There was much anxiety a few years ago about regulations that would cause new blends to require hundreds of thousands of dollars just to get approved for sale.

This may happen yet, but the deadlines for its implementation are long past and nothing noteworthy has been done on it. I think other pressing issues, not to mention the pandemic, put the whole project on pause, and I'm not hearing a thing about it now.

Sometimes reality catches up with overblown intentions, and it's all to the good. As the old cliche has it, cooler heads prevailed.
If you go online to any tobacco merchant you can buy more brands and variety of tobaccos that I could have imagined existed years ago.

They must be making money or they’d have to quit.:)

I think most of these regs are directed at all the vapes and other new type products we geezers don’t buy anyway.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
More money grab in the way of "fees" and "penalties" that's all this is, like everything the government does it's about how much of your money can they get their greedy little hands on to spend on things that have nothing to do with you. We just have updated taxation without representation, when is the last time you heard of a foreign country taxing their citizens into poverty and sending US the money?