PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
I wonder how Laudisi will handle this if approved. Didnt they just buy a facility in Loris, SC back in 2022? FDA requiring good manu practices usually means extensive training around FOD and sanitization of tools and proper ingredients which also must be FDA approved. Like a drug manufacturer I'm sure. This could be bad.

Reactions: Carol and JOHN72

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Prices will go up over time no matter what gov't does. Every product does whether it's drive by unions, government, simple inflation, the price of shipping, and etc. Gov't regs are simply part and parcel of what drives inflation. Could certain gov't lack of action result in lower inflation? Certainly. But, society has spoken and it wants government interference in public lives. And, we, the electorate, encourage such intrusions. So, don't blame the politicians for doing what we elect them to do. They're just trying to hold on to their perqs and power. We smokers somethimes think way too highly of ourselves and take it personal.

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
Prices will go up over time no matter what gov't does. Every product does whether it's drive by unions, government, simple inflation, the price of shipping, and etc. Gov't regs are simply part and parcel of what drives inflation. Could certain gov't lack of action result in lower inflation? Certainly. But, society has spoken and it wants government interference in public lives. And, we, the electorate, encourage such intrusions. So, don't blame the politicians for doing what we elect them to do. They're just trying to hold on to their perqs and power. We smokers somethimes think way too highly of ourselves and take it personal.
Yep. Thank Obama for the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. And several court precedents giving FDA the power to regulate all tobacco and collect users fees through TRLM.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Seems nothing more than the natural progression of all tyrannical governments. I've been preparing for the tobaccolypse for years now. Hopefully, I have enough tobacco to see me through to the end of my days and it will also make for a great barter item after the societal collapse.
I’ve heard this lots of times and I’m still trying to picture some walking up to a compound and stating “I’ve got two tins of Across the Pond and I want 20 gallons of gasoline for it. “
It’s just damned asinine.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I’ve heard this lots of times and I’m still trying to picture some walking up to a compound and stating “I’ve got two tins of Across the Pond and I want 20 gallons of gasoline for it. “
It’s just damned asinine.
But someone might trade one of the 500 pipes they bought in the beforetime for a bowl of tobacco.

Reactions: jpberg

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Thank Obama for the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. And several court precedents giving FDA the power to regulate all tobacco and collect users fees through TRLM.
Thank your friends, relatives and neighbors who elected him. He and the congress just do what is needed to keep their base happy and get elected. We voters tend to vote our pocket book and are very narrow in our interests, one issue voters. Politicos go where the votes and moneys are. It's as simple as that. Tobacco use is socially unacceptable these days so politicians cater to the antis, more votes there. It's really too simple to pick out scapegoats and not get involved, just sit on the sidelines and vote only single issue.

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Seems nothing more than the natural progression of all tyrannical governments. I've been preparing for the tobaccolypse for years now. Hopefully, I have enough tobacco to see me through to the end of my days and it will also make for a great barter item after the societal collapse.
You think you live in a land that has a tyrannical government?
The fact remains that it’s Federally illegal.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
" -- establishing the ability to trace all components or parts, ingredients, additives and materials, as well as each batch of finished or bulk tobacco product, to aid in investigations of those that don’t meet specifications."

Isn't that what the 'What are you smoking [month]' thread is for ???

By the way the FDA approved fake beef, fake chicken, and virus infected mosquitos being released ... just sayin' ... ;)

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Controlling constituency’s behaviors by regulation unconstitutional.
Sadly we have not held our elected servants accountable for so long that most don’t know the difference.

Once used to fences and gates, sheep will use the gate and pasture after the fence is removed.

Oh well, I’m off to eat some crickets to fix our climate woes, once I get back from the store which I drove to alone in my e-car wearing a mask.