Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Opines are fun to modify too.
Md2t9Qg.jpg

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Laws here are ridiculous and getting worse
I know , I was thinking the same thing , because those thumb stud knives open easily with one hand , they have a spring assist .
I got mine thru the mail a few years ago , could be trouble now.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
I'm slowly replacing my PAD with KAD. It's a very slippery slope. So far, my tastes lean towards very simple, traditional, single blade knives as pictured below: Mercator, Douk-Douk, Higonokami, and balisong.
26d8d761-1a2c-4b1d-9310-f5e6d70f4549-600x600.jpg

876a0f49-9beb-4e7d-8f3f-32cf5d6b601c-600x600.jpg

d06b8bf0-a02f-4958-bb27-ada8e1e5d6f2-600x600.jpg

59a8ea76-e220-47c5-8b2a-4b618c6ea1c3-600x600.jpg

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Those butterfly knives
.. illegal here too , groan
I own a couple straight razors for shaving , but something tells me they coming for my pointy scissors next ....

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Anything that can be flipped or flicked open is illegal in Canada. Same goes for "concealed" knives. E.g. belt buckle knife, pen knife and so on. Blade length/geometry does not matter.

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
I'm a fan of CRKT
For EDC I have a James Williams HEIHO - a spring assisted folder, 4" closed

on deployment and in the field I carry a James Williams HISSATSU - another spring assisted folder, 5" closed
For fixed blades I really like the function and style of the Kukri - have one that was given to me by a Gurkha while I was at a training exercise in India, he hand made it.

Mar 1, 2014
I had a collection of nearly a hundred knives at one point, probably my most severe affliction in terms of collecting but I got burned out on it about 6 years back and sold most of them off (a good decision).

Mostly Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel and Benchmade. Customs were always too rich for me. Never had a CRK.

And then there’s Busse. It was a rare occasion I could afford one of those and if Operation Two Weeks had happened when I was still collecting I would probably be broke right now (seeing that they have some awesome choppers up for sale as we speak makes me nervous).

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Becker and Bark River for fixed, ZT, Benchmade and Spyderco for folding knives.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Pretty much a Case man myself; mostly Peanuts. Although I have a pretty nice Hen & Rooster Canoe.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Being born and raised in the south, there's never a shortage of knives lying about the house, car, office, etc. Like many others, I carry a Kershaw blade daily, black, partially serrated, with open assist that I love. In addition, I keep a Gerber with a skeleton handle, also partially serrated. I also have a nice Case Sodbuster and a few other Case knives, 2 of them being survival knives, one a Boy Scouts version.
I also have a special place in my heart for the Schrade Old Timers. They were what my great uncle and grandpa carried. I usually carry one or two around with me.
On top of all that, my step-dad is in the NWTF, and with all the dinners I've attended and shit he gives me, I've got a lot of... well... kind of subpar knives that are reasonably sharp, made in China and have the NWTF logo stamped on it. Although I did recently come into possession of one of them with a fixed blade that could shave a gnats ass, so that one has just been awarded my tobacco slicing knife honors.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
I'm not a collector and I don't carry a knife every day, but I'm happy with my Victorinox Trekker. I've had it for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.