Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
img_0405-600x450.jpg

Spyderco Endura Emerson design.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
Living in the PNW I am lucky that there are A multitude of knife manufactures. So I have collected several lock blades.

Sog knives,Gerber Knives,Columbia River knife and tool,Bench Made Knives,Kershaw Knives.

Those are the knives I can recall off the top of my head.

I am sure I might have missed a couple other manufactures.

I think I own at least one from each knife company. Also I own a Buck Hunting knife I think made in Idaho.

The only hard part for me is deciding what lock blade knife to carry.

I guess if I counted them all I could carry a different one each day of the week. :D

davek

Mar 20, 2014
"I refuse to have a monogamous relationship with any one knife."
I'm a "collector" myself, more of an accumulator. I have mostly inexpensive knives. The best, quality inexpensive knife is an older used pocketknife. I used to yard sale and flea market more and have a few of those. Probably have about 10 or so USA made Schrades. I probably have about as many Opinels.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
In the beginning I preferred smaller EDC fixed blades, as even full customs with quality materials don't run too high..couple hundred bucks.

Eventually I started carrying folders from Benchmade and Spyderco..then moved towards mid-techs.

When I got my first Shirogorov I knew I was in deep.

In my opinion Shirogorov makes the finest production and custom folding knives. The tightest tolerences, finest materials, designs that are simplistic yet "all you need".

At one point I had around $5000 In just a few Shirogorov folders.
Chris Reeve makes an excellent product too and I've been looking to try out a Mnandi.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
The Axis style lock has been retired from the Shiro catalog for a long time.
I still carry a BM 761 frequently..love that thing.

I'd like to get another 940-1, but I've never cared for S90v.

M390/20CV is probably my favorite steel for a folder.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I can't remember if I shared this previosly.

I carried a Kershaw "Chive" (assisted) for the past 10 years.

A few months ago, a company called "Grindworx" had a sale on a Boker Black Mini Kalashnikov automatic, for $25. It looked worth the gamble (they usually sell for around $100 it seems). I've received the knife and have been very pleased, and it has now completely replaced my Kershaw. The automatic function is solid and safe, there's no chance it opens on it's own my pocket. I can also close it one handed. The only downside is that the clip is 180 degrees opposite of the Kershaw, so I still haven't adapted to that change. It would easily be worth $100, so $30 is a no-brainer.
https://www.grindworx.com/item--Boker-Automatic-Mini-Kalashnikov--10577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QybYELu44WY

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
Not exactly a collector but I have a few marttiini knives that I realy like. While they are made in the style of a fishing knife they are perfect for cutting plug or rope.

bazungu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2018
I am a fan of Scandinavian knives, since I am from Belgium and my parents kind of partially live in Sweden I have got great access.

If I could only have one knife, I would pick a puukko. It just screams knife and it is so versatile, also very easy to sharpen due to its scandi grand.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Well this could be a book for me but I'll make it brief. I was a knife dealer for several years so I'm used to not getting attached and seeing them come and go. I've owned some nice spydercos and Kershaws, I especially liked that leek rainbow one both sizes. Still enjoy my leathermen and victoinox and Wenger. My Vietnam war Kabar is a fav. Case not really, just some really old ones. And lots and lots of Chinese assisted folders, Italian stilettos and swing guards and otf knives. What I'm trying to say is the one I'm currently using is my fav.

Buuuut... if I had to choose cuz the house was burning down and my pets and pipes were safe... it's a tie between the spanish mauser bayonet that someone sharpened and still has dried blood in the crevices and one my now deceased gunsmith made me, a fixed blade full tang w leather wrapped handle..

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
I Always carry a small pocket knife , something simple like a Swiss army or victoronix , or even a cheapy knockoff from ebay, it's just one of those things I use constantly for cutting ballistic plastic packaging , sharpening pencils , slicing BC 5 point apples ..
When I need serious knife power , I got a couple Ontario rat2 or 3 models , forget which is which , high quality knives tho , the best I own.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
In my left pocket I have a Leatherman Mut clipped. In my right pocket I have a Colonel Blades folding Pokey Stabby. I also carry a Wilson Combat EDC X9 on my left hip. Does that count?

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
Spyderco for me. Carry one every day and have a couple around the house and one in my motorcycle tank bag.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My favorite knife is one which was made in a Russian prison and gifted by the man running the place. It's a switchblade made from materials readily available to the prisoners. I was struck dumb. The prisoners make all sorts of things which they are allowed to sell to the staff for cigarettes, a TV in the cell, etc. Gotta have a good grip on the weapon as the spring is incredibly strong.

grilledokra

Lurker
Oct 27, 2016
I’m not a collector, but I’ve always carried a Victorinox Classic. They handle most of the basic needs I have and fit comfortably in my pocket for daily. They can also easily slip out, so I’m thankful that you can get them in inexpensive lots on eBay. I’ve recently upgraded from the Classic to the Midnite Manager, which is only slightly bigger and adds a bottle opener, Phillips head driver, pen, and small LED light.

Status
Not open for further replies.