PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
His list is so expansive, I haven’t been keeping up. But, generally speaking, I like everything Greg does that doesn’t include perique and isn’t a higher-nicotine blend. My favorites at the moment are Charing Cross and Caravan (I love the GLP Balkans) and Westminster. But I’m very eager to try his all-Virginia blends, Laurel Heights and Union Square, and expect to enjoy those as well.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Really, so many. I don't even like Latakia but a couple times a year and usually it's one of Greg's blends.
I like many, but as far as what I stock up on for the future : Temple Bar, Union Sqaure, Cairo, Penny Farthing, Fillmore, Telegraph Hill and Stonehendge Flake (RIP).
It's the oddest thing I can't figure out - I don't enjoy C&D blends younger than 6+ months. The Virginias always taste young to me, or something that's not appealing. But Greg's virginia blends, I just jar em for a few weeks and enjoy em from then on. Not sure why the difference.

To put it simply if someone asked which blend to try, I'd just tell em try 3 blends that have components they enjoy. Chances are they'll find one they really like and probably none they dislike.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I don't enjoy C&D blends younger than 6+ months. The Virginias always taste young to me, or something that's not appealing. But Greg's virginia blends, I just jar em for a few weeks and enjoy em from then on. Not sure why the difference.
The difference is because GLP and C&D do not share leaf, recipes, or blending philosophies. They are, essentially, two unique and independent blenders who share warehouse space and a tinning line.

B.Lew

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2020
SE Michigan
Stonehenge Flake
Haddo’s Delight
Temple Bar
Windjammer

Don’t care for Latakia so that leaves a lot of his blends untasted.

Thankful that I was able to cellar deep with Stonehenge. It was a favorite from the first tin I smoked from the
re-release. I would add 3-5 tins on every order for a few years there.

Nothing lasts forever….
image.jpg
IMG_0938.jpeg

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
The difference is because GLP and C&D do not share leaf, recipes, or blending philosophies. They are, essentially, two unique and independent blenders who share warehouse space and a tinning line.
Source?

As far as I know, and is mentioned in pretty much every video with Jeremy Reeves, all the different brands C&D blend for use the same leaf across the board.