PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
All I know about you is through how you present yourself on the forum. Your impression of me is based only on what I allow of myself to appear in my writing. So we are both at a bit of a disadvantage, aren't we?
1. I can only respond as honestly as possible and it is based on what you related, and the words you chose. All I know is what you stated, it was a rather harsh indictment about your grandfather. Your reference to it being "your" house, which you refuted later, reflected adolescent pathos rather than adult thought.
2. Smoking is indeed a rather nasty habit and, while repugnant to many, I enjoy it. I have had other vices in my life that I also enjoyed. But, this isn't about smoking. It is about how you treat others and how others treat you.
Presumptuous? Possibly. My picture of you is simply the impression I developed from the what and the words you chose in the original post.
Most telling was the fact that you induced some unsuspecting members to perform an act which is considered illegal in some jurisdictions. Providing cigarettes to minors, and you were a minor in the eyes of some states at the time, is illegal behavior. I understood that you were a bit confused and hurt, seeking a bit of solace hoping to find other kindred spirits to commiserate with.
I'm sure you were very surprised to find that many of the members did not side with you and offer sympathy. A validation, if you please, of your feelings. I think you will have to search elsewhere for such validation. The membership here is skewed to "older" and less accepting of whining.

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
And it wasn't cigarettes it was pipe tobacco wtf are you even reading? Or are you just skimming. I don't give a damn about sympathy but I do give a damn about you paying attention and trying to sound intelligent by insulting me...

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
Paranoid, you said you were almost 20. The legal age in some jurisdictions is 21. I don't know where you live, so Warren was correct. Many people on this forum have landlords who forbid smoking, deal with it as they do. Sounds like you have a pretty sweet deal. Pushing the limits is a rather juvenile behavior. When you have a mortgage you can make the rules. Until then it is only fair and respectful to follow the rules laid out by your landlord/homeowner. Pipe tobacco or cigarettes, it was a tobacco product that they sent you.

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
I havent smoked a pipe in almost 2 years I have respected his rules. But losing my mom has been tough and everyone has been picking up old habits to help them cope. Many have picked up smoking cigarettes again and its really making me miss my cob I had so I've been wanting to get back into it and just smoking a nose warmer when on walks alone or in the smoking room at a local tobacconists shop

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Frankly you sound like an immature spoil brat.. military rejected you so you stomp your feet and get a tattoos. Gpa wants to set some rules for HIS house so you post here (and who knows what else another tat or maybe nose ring) and then get pissed when the world doesn't agree with. Since you ignored my earlier questions about cooking, laundry, etc.. I'm guessing you got a sweet deal but don't know it. Did you graduate HS? Do own a car or bum theirs?
The answer to your problem is quite simple.. pack up your shit and move out. Get your own place, your own car, pay all your own bills.. at 20 it's time to man-up.
How old is Gpa? Is he still working? Gma? Ma&Pa?
Your choice of username may not be to far off.

I would really take how this is going into consideration before asking for advice on a forum. You ask complete strangers for advice on a very sensitive issue for you. I think Warren has had the most intelligent responses of anyone, and yet you berate him for "not knowing you." None of us know you. For all we know, you have the dead bodies of hookers stacked in the closet, and for all you know, we do too, ha ha.
I have teens in the house too. I hear the whole, "I'm an adult" crap all of the time. It's not a matter of some magical number of rotations the Earth makes around the sun that makes you an adult. It's taking the bull by the horns and riding that ride. If you want to be treated as an adult, get out and be one. I can respect anyone's situation. People have to live with family sometimes. I get that. I respect that. But, to then start wanting to be treated... nevermind, ha ha. I've got a stack of dead bodies to tend to. :puffy:

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Adult is as adult does. This has become asinine.
The answer is simple. Live there, abide by the rules and learn an honorable trade to support your self, or leave and support yourself the best you can.
Life's hard, deal with it! My initial "trying to be understanding" is worn out.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Grow up. Be a man. Stop crying over your problems and find a solution.

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
Geez guys get a sense of humor on some things. This is something me and my grandpa laugh about now then everyone comes giving advice and saying this and that . I tested my blood sugar today and apparently its been running really high so I apologize if I've offended any of you I can be a real a-hole when my sugars are out of sack. The whole thing about the military and my tattoos was a joke. I can't join the military because they don't accept people with type 1 yes I have tattoos that now would disqualify me anyway but they are related to my mother who passed away, other family members, or my patriotism. You guys are saying I have no respect when I haven't touched a pipe in two years because of my respect for my grandfather. I'm wanting to get into the hobby again because I don't have to smoke inside there are plenty of other places I can go and smoke take a chill pill everyone please

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
My wife has been insulin dependent for 25 years now. I don't know the details of your diabetes Para, but the main thing I take away from all your posts is it sounds like you're doing a poor job controlling your blood sugar. If your having high counts, shouldn't you be checking your blood sugar more often, and eating accordingly? My wife checks her count several times a day, depending on what the numbers are and how she's feeling.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Don't we entertain this same subject every few months or so?
Yep. I thought it was more like every year, but I'd buy "month".
So, Paranoid, your last note states:

This is something me and my grandpa laugh about now then everyone comes giving advice and saying this and that .
But your first note reads:

I doubt any od you have read my introduction in the general discussion forum but I tried pipe smoking about 2 years ago I had some people nice enough to send me sent tobacco in the mail. I even got some nice letters too. My grandfather found one of my packages in the mail and freaked out. sent it to the drug lab I was right it wasn't drugs =_= still didn't get it back and got threatened to be thrown out of my house. Anyone else have family members flip out like that?
Here's the thing. There are lots of new folks here who won't/don't/can't remember your first threads. So your post reads like this has just happened. So you can see why you are getting the questions, feedback and advice that you are. Right?
In fact, I can't even find your original threads and posts because you created your new/current avatar when you started this thread. So even though I vaguely remember reading your original, "My grandpa freaked out on me over tobacco found in the mail," thread I can't review it. And none of us can review your introduction thread, because it isn't tied to your current avatar.
Given that all the brew-ha-ha happened in the past, and you and grandad are over it, sounds like it is time to move along.
Moving on...
-- Pat

Woods, are you counting this as a "My Momma Won't Let Me Smoke" post or a "She Won't Let Me Smoke in the House"?
I did just notice a new gurgler on the boards, and even a new Frank method post. I suspect we will start to get in some new "which aromatics can you taste?" and even a few "only hairy manly men should smoke pipes" posts soon. :::sigh::: For every season, turn, turn, turn...

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
To dochudson and Warren. Really? LOL, guess you do not proof read your responses then. Civilians are funny.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
To fordm60...I totally agree with Doc H and Warren and if you had read the whole thread you'd know the OP tried to join the service, but he's diabetic and they won't take him. I am a civilian veteran '72-'76. Good day.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
To dochudson and Warren. Really? LOL, guess you do not proof read your responses then. Civilians are funny.
What the hell are you talking.. maybe you and the OP could share a place or a room at the nuthouse. You both sound like losers. Sorry I'm out of troll food.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I guess everybody is wrong and you're right. WTH do YOU call all the people who have served in the military? The rest of the world calls us veterans. Also there are a whole lot of us on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.