PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
One of my favorites, Warren!
I heard it as "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"! :rofl:

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
+1 Warren Grandpa's house = Grandpa's rules. Don't forget to thank him for giving you the incentive you need to become truly independent.

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
I pay rent and bills equal to that of apartments and do all his outdoor work. I have already made the decision to smoke only out of the home. I will most likely try the smoking room at the warf a brick and mortar here in Dayton Ohio. Anyone every been there?

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
So ha this evolved into a self help thread lol love the quotes on paranoia. Ironically he is where Iget it from

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
Idk you guys they still seek to be suffering from empty nest syndrome too since losing my mom and keep trying to make their basement an apartment since we had to sell the house I was renting from them. It was originally bought for my mom so she'd have a safe place to raise me and my brother (the apartment she had was a drug den) but we had to sell it so currently I'm living in their basement. I help take care of both of them because they need it. They can't really live alone without help. So factoring that in shouldnt I get some form of respect for what I want?

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Sounds like your Grandpa and family really love you and care about what happens to you. This day and time that means something.

Yep, you could smoke, move out, or whatever, but in my opinion you should think about what you have there.

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
Thanks lawmax that's what I'm saying he's already said he wouldn't really kick me out I just don't want to get a reoccurring lecture. I mean what I got works. I got family that loves and cares about me a whole basement to myself and most of the time they are gone at Dr appointment's or asleep so until I have a wife and kids I'm fine with where I am I just want to be excepted ya know?

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
I disagree, your paying rent, heck with them. Do as you wish, family you have no choice in, and most suck. You had no choice in who your family is. What your just supposed to kiss their fourth point of contact because they had sex and had you? Nope, Army, Marines, and some other branches are the answer. Go be a man, not a child. Tell you what I was gone as fast as I could get out. Never been back. YOU determine who you are, the old people had their shot at life and messed it up or they would not try and control you. Never let them control you. Stand up and sound off, right, wrong, or indifferent at least you stood up for what you believe in. Which is in very short supply these days.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Grandpa's house makes it Grandpa's rules. Just paying rent doesn't mean you can smoke in the house. Ever read about all the renters on the forums who can't smoke in their apartments? Sounds like you have some medical problems ever think Grandpa might be a little extra concerned. How did the tattoos go over with him? Do you do your own cooking, laundry, cleaning? Do you come and go as you please? Take this chance to get in a tech school and learn a trade. Cut him some slack.
I disagree, your paying rent, heck with them. Do as you wish, family you have no choice in, and most suck. You had no choice in who your family is. What your just supposed to kiss their fourth point of contact because they had sex and had you? Nope, Army, Marines, and some other branches are the answer. Go be a man, not a child. Tell you what I was gone as fast as I could get out. Never been back. YOU determine who you are, the old people had their shot at life and messed it up or they would not try and control you. Never let them control you. Stand up and sound off, right, wrong, or indifferent at least you stood up for what you believe in. Which is in very short supply these days.
This is the biggest load of carp I have seen posted on this forum!

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
To clarify I'm fine with smoking outside its more about him accepting my smoking in general I wouldn't smoke inside on account of his lungs.

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
I should probably have clarified by in his house as "while I am living in his house". I think that was just an overreaction when he said he'd kick me out I mean he let's my brother who smoked move back in when he moved back from out of state

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I am at a loss as to why you need his approval of your rather nasty habit, which has apparently contributed to the death of some of the people he loved. You're just too wrapped up in yourself to see the situation from another person's perspective. This selfishness may pass as you mature. Right now you are absolutely sure that life is all about you, normal behavior of course, just a bit obnoxious. With luck this phase will pass. If you don't outgrow it, you are in for many shocks as you wend your way through life.
It is a shock though, that first time you realize that other people's feeling and opinions matter.

paranoidpiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2015
Damn warren I'm having trouble comprehending you why do you smoke a pipe? I kinda think your being a bit of a dick since you don't really know much about me

Status
Not open for further replies.