Do you prefer large,medium or small pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I enjoy a Dunhill size 4-5 sized pipe as I normally get 1.5-2.0 hours of smoking pleasure from those sizes. I do have a group 6 that takes me about 2-3 hours to smoke. All of my pipes are in the group 4-5 range except the lone 6. I smoke Va, Vaper and Vabur flakes exclusively so those sizes fit my flakes to a tee. When I smoked English blends I preferred group 6 and ODA sized pipes as I felt the larger size gave the blends time to open up as they had more components to them. I used to have a couple of group 3 sized pipes but felt that by the time I was done I still wanted more smoking time.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
From what I have read, the Dunhill group 4 is (or has been) their most popular size in the U.S. Understandable as that is a kind of medium size.
I enjoy a group 4 to 5 size and have discovered that a larger bowl will give more flavor to the 'English' blends than a smaller pipe.
I do own a group 3 Dunhill straight that does a good job with English blends, but overall I subscribe to Harris' analysis of smaller bowl, Va or Va/per. Larger bowl, English

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Medium and small but, not as small as the OP's that looks like a cigarette holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.