PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Hope it all works out and you take this lesson in life to heart. You seem like a very cool kid and I would hate to see you ruin your life. Best of luck to you.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings,
I'm 52 years old, and in all those years I NEVER, EVER even came close to being arrested and sent to jail. NEVER!

Just lucky? I think not. I kept my nose clean, respected people and property and never put myself in the position to break the law enough to go to jail. Traffic tickets, sure. But not in the last 15 years. Again, lucky? Maybe. Hard to say, but probably not.
It just baffles me how some folks are always tangled with the law, have court dates, probation officers, and the like. It's a lifestyle that's totally foreign to me.
Good luck on your future. As said before, learn from it and clean up your act. It's far better to be a member of the law abiding than the law breaking. Much more productive and far less stressful.
CACooper

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
No one can understand why another person does the things they do. Some of you who have never been in trouble might have had it easy with middle class family who loves and supports you. Sometimes people steal food or get in with the wrong people because they need support.
I have to say if I lived back in the 50's or 60's I would have gotten in a lot of trouble because I would have been protesting for civil rights.
Or in the 30's during the great depression stealing food because they can't afford it.
There are a lot of things that have to be taken into account.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Sometimes people steal food or get in with the wrong people because they need support.

Jean Valjean

Les Misérables is a great novel.

Good luck today in court ! Learn, move on and live. But note the first word... learn from it Looks like you will.

@ waznyf - You are only stupid if you don't learn.

Don't be depressed and spiral down but continue on and always do your best.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I had to learn to be good. When I was younger I had nicknames like Eyeball, Section 8 and Damage and I earned them...and a lot of crap I didn't need that goes with that. Be smart and learn to get up every day, decide not to do the things that you know you could do and do instead what you know you're supposed to. No instant gratification there, but the payoff is much much better!

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Personally, I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been lucky. In my youth I did some things that certainly could have put me in a very similar spot but I never got caught. It's one of those things that I had to learn to own up to and get my sh*t together.
My advice is to recognize that you have issues and do something about them now while the stakes are low. It may not seem that way now but before you know it you'll have a wife, kids, a career, a home, etc. At that point you have a hell of a lot more on the line than you do now. Fix and put this part of your life behind you, there's a long road ahead.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I know the law man. I have been through the system several times. No felonies thank God, But a lot of misdemeanors. 95% of mine are driving charges, none the less I did many 1-3 day jail bits. PM me with your charge and I'll tell you what to expect. As far as tobacco goes, I'd be happy to help a man who is helping himself by furthering his education so send your address and what you like and i will do what I can. I struggle pretty bad but i have a surplus of tobacco and have a monthly allowance for tobacco that covers my needs x2. So PM me and I'll do for you what has been done for me!!!

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I am a Texas Correctional Officer. I can assure you that prison is no place for anyone.
I had a bit of a tumultuous childhood, myself. You can grow out of it if you put you mind to it.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"I know the law man. I have been through the system several times."
The second sentence disproves the first sentence.
Sorry, Shawn, I couldn't resist.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
I believe that life is a matter of lucky breaks, second chances and near misses. Most of us have probably been saved by one or more of them. It sounds like you have reached a crossroad in life and this might be your last chance to get on the right path.
If you haven't already, you are probably close to running out of lucky breaks, second chances and near misses.

Read baronsamedi's reply and follow his advice!!
I don't know what charges yopu are facing but I will tell you this...I've had a career in medicine and medical education; a criminal record as an adult WILL have an adverse effect on your options for a career in ANY health care related field.

I don't mean to be self righteous but as a guy who benefitted from a few lucky breaks and second chances in my life I'm only trying to help. The fact that you are aware of the seriousness of your situation tells me that you know what you have to do; be honest with yourself and choose your path and reread baronsamedi's post and get an attorney ASAP!

Good luck, get this behind you and become the man you want to be.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
There is nothing I can add in the realm of advice, There is already a lot of good advise on here so I will only add my good wishes for you.
I know a lot of good people that have run a foul of the law. Some of them learned and will benefit. Some of them didn't (or won't), and they will suffer for it.
I hope you catch a break and thrive. To reiterate Portascat (and something I posted in another thread), my dad works corrections in NY and you don't want to become a 'guest of the state.'
I hope we hear from you soon and with good news.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Cant sleep. Worried about Frank. I hope this song finds you well. It is about the best advice I can give you at this moment in time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSh2XeLY7YE

Status
Not open for further replies.