PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Okay, what the hell. $18 with my VIP discount, got the Charles Towne Cobbler, and a tin of Dreams of Kadath.

jackets

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2017
One of the selling points for me is they are designed to be used without a filter. There is no necking down in the stem to accommodate a filter which should lead to a better draw.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I've never seen an MM with a bad draw filtered or not. Nice open draw on all that I have. In some cases, better than upper grade briars I have.

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
I have eight Missouri meerschaums, and I love every one of them. Next on my radar is a Dagner poker I saw at the tobacconist.
One thing I noticed is that the Dagner is advertised as having a hardwood shank, but the item I saw had the regular pine shank. No biggie, but I think a hardwood shank would be an improvement, in looks alone and probably in smoking qualities.
I will be collecting all of these C&D cobs as well, those are sharp pipes.

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
The Charles Towne Cobbler is sold out already! I hope they will restock this line down the road.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Not a big fan of the barrel shaped cobs, but I'll have to see what my Charles Towne looks like. If all else fails, I'll have a nifty red stem for another cob. :wink:

leatherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2017
I found it cool that they went through old catalogues of the company to find the shape for the Cobbler. Excited to see what else they have in store. :puffy:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I just got mine in and they are awesome. Very heavy duty. Also they designed it so the wooden block in the bottom meets with the bottom of the draft hole. So no need to mud up the bottom of your cobs like some people do.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I received the bent billiard yesterday. I am a cob guy, but very impressed by this one. Very sturdy and the stem is heads above the usual MM cob. I can easily imagine buying more of these down the road. By the way, I ordered Friday afternoon PST and SPC got it out the door asap and I received it in California with the Monday mail.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Fitzy I had my cigar ash ready and then noticed how well the bottom of the chamber was built. It's a fine smoking pipe.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
My Carolina Gent arrived yesterday--very pleased. Has a great feel and I really dig the brick red stem + band. Neat little pipe. Am very curious to see what other styles they come up with in the future.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Got my bent CG Cobbler yesterday. I like the way they configured the bottom hardwood plug. No need for pipe mud for sure. I hope in the future they come out with a Natural bowl.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Perdurabo I'm breaking mine in with some Butera Dark Stoved. mmmmm sweet and delicious.
Ray I prefer this style bowl as they are usually for me more durable than the natural bowls. Those natural bowls tend to flake on me.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
@fitzy. Yes the Natural bowls do flake but I've not noticed it to be a problem with the Naturals I own. Most of my 45 cobs are Naturals and I like that they don't heat up like the plastered bowls. Hope your enjoying your new MM/C&D cob.

Status
Not open for further replies.