PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The cumulative effect of this thread: I now want a cigarette.
Preferably one of those old style Lucky Strikes.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
I had a friend that was from Colombia, and she had brought me some cigarettes called mustangs, man oh man they were smooth as hell and the flavor was really bold and complex and the smoke was creamy and buttery, I had to say I smoked that pack quite fast and it did pack a punch quite of punch of nicotine too!!!

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Ever smoke one of those Bidi's from India?

bidi1.jpg

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Preferably one of those old style Lucky Strikes.
I still do Lucky Strikes from time to time. They are sort of a novelty now. When I was 17 or so, my boss at the jewelry store that I worked at smoked Lucky's. I would bum then from him once in awhile, and got a taste for them. They were always a great smoke, IMO.
Sometime in the last 15 years, they changed them though. They are not as smooth and flavorful as I recall, though it could all be my imagination.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Death,

Some would say everything is subjective. Google solipsism.
I loved the filterless Chesterfields they used to sell at a local riteaid in Alexandria VA 20 years ago...strong...sweet...a very nice buzz off the first drag every time. My favorite cig.
My mother used to smoke Larks...they had charcoal in the filter.. I hope they don't make them anymore...now those were truly putrid.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I should have found pipe smoking in my 20's
Me too. I wish I had, at least.
Some would say everything is subjective. Google solipsism.
And then there are those who say nothing is subjective.
http://www.iep.utm.edu/solipsis/
Good intro article there.
I loved the filterless Chesterfields they used to sell at a local riteaid in Alexandria VA 20 years ago...strong...sweet...a very nice buzz off the first drag every time.
Me too. Those were solid smokes. I tried them because James Bond smoked them. Stupid teenager that I was.
When I was 17 or so, my boss at the jewelry store that I worked at smoked Lucky's. I would bum then from him once in awhile, and got a taste for them. They were always a great smoke, IMO.
Heck yeah. Full of flavor compared to the cardboard wind-tubes that pass for cigarettes in most cases!

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Yes good read to be sure...and I am not a full proponent of solipsitic thought, but something fun to think about.
Luckys are gooood too. I'm leaving cigs behind for now thiugh since I have rediscovered some good pipe blends I'd forgotten...best way to take tobacco imo, though I would never begrudge a man a nice drag from a good full bodied smoke. Personally, I think filters are really only good for keeping bits of tobacco out of my mouth. If I want a light smoke I figure go strong and hit it lightly...and of course just adjust as you want.

May 31, 2012
My top 5 ciggy list:
#1. Gitanes Blondes
#2. Gauloises nonfilter
#3. Craven A (Jamaica)
#4. Lucky Strike Filters
#5. American Spirit "brown" nonfilter
I used to smoke alotta the Craven A's, got 'em from a groovy Vietnamese grocery just a short walk from the house, I liked 'em because they tasted good, and they were "shorties" with a half-sized filter --- once there was a newer guy behind the counter who didn't understand what I was asking for, until finally by my pointing, he exclaimed "ah! You want Black Cat!" and ever after that I thoroughly enjoyed walkin' in the joint and muttering

"...gimme apacka Black Cats."

:)

525694_b589bc74327149b2bb9aef548b41b8ae.png_srz_213_250_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

eMME8et.jpg

uWaIHva.jpg

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
#3. Craven A (Jamaica)
Back when I was in HS, a friend of mine went to Jamaica with her family. She brought me back a carton of these. Tasty cigarette as I recall. Very, very different than our commercially available smokes here in the states.
I wonder if I could find them anywhere now, other than Jamaica of course.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
With my back problems, I have no desire for those 5-10yrs. No thank you.
+1 Nate. Watched my mom suffer through her 80's with unbelievable back pain, although she was a child due to alzheimers, her back was the worst of it. I hope they can come up with new solutions for you before you reach that age. They seem to be learning more about back issues the last couple of years. I will be praying for you in that regard.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I wonder if I could find them anywhere now, other than Jamaica of course.
And in 2016, the first person went to Jamaica to smoke... tobacco.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc

Status
Not open for further replies.