PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This tobacco usually lasts a very long time before selling out, 4 - 6 months I would guess. I wonder if it will be gobbled up at a higher speed for these vintages, seeing as this may be the last release of Christmas Cheer :crying: 8O :crying:
Maybe. Certainly the initial release sold out due to the usual panicking. I guess it will depend on how big a run it is. This business of 2017 being half the size, might this just be due to the amount tinned for sale now, and not representative of the total batch run?
In any case, I've got a bit of both.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Maybe this is a silly question, but....what's it smoke like? The tin description is a little vague.

Dec 24, 2012
It smokes like a delcious red Va, in general, but each year is slightly different because the source of the tobacco is a single crop in a single location each year.
The better years are sublime and the lesser years are still better than most Va blends out there.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Can anyone describe exactly what a pure VA tastes like? I can't. All I can say is that every time I smoke CC I think it's the most pure VA I've ever smoked. It has a clarity of flavor that always amazes me. Yes, it has the baking spice,etc. overtones, but that core VA goodness stays with you the entire bowl.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
....what's it smoke like?
The only other tobacco I've smoked that compares is McCranie's Red Flake.
If you like Red Va's, a tin of CC with 5-10 years age is hard to beat.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
a tin of CC with 5-10 years age is hard to beat.

I forgot to mention that. The tins I've had have all been 10 years old or older. I had one bowl of a fresh tin at our pipe club meeting and it wasn't near as good as an older tin to my palate.

drunkblowhard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
Has the entire production inventory of these been sold through, or will stocks be resupplied? I was asleep at the wheel and now everyone seems to be sold out of both 2016 AND 2017 Christmas Cheer. In the middle of August. Insanity.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Has the entire production inventory of these been sold through, or will stocks be resupplied? I was asleep at the wheel and now everyone seems to be sold out of both 2016 AND 2017 Christmas Cheer. In the middle of August. Insanity.
It seems so. I've missed the boat as well. :?

beenjammin

Lurker
Jul 15, 2016
Only place Ive seen where its in stock:
http://www.iwanries.com/McClelland-Christmas-Cheer-C395.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.