PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Hallelujah is right. But my 2016 now has a month of age on it and only 9 years, 11 months to go before I can try it. Not so much with my 2017, it has -12 months age on it so I have 11 years to go.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I find 3 years is sufficient. It's hard to make a comparison but I usually by 4 tins of each year.. That takes about two years to get through. Right now I am on my first tin of 13 and it is delightful.
Earlier this year I found a tin of 05 which was a nice surprise. I'm not sure how much better it really was though.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I'm curious... is Christmas Cheer really as good as indicated here, or is it just that it's the special Christmas blend, so people love it? How would it stack up to Virginia staples like Dunhill Flake? My tobacco funds are a bit limited at the moment, so I'm trying to decide if I should buy a tin or two if it becomes available again.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
2016 and 2017 are both available on smokingpipes.com, so in true TAD fashion, even though I've never tried Christmas Cheer, I went ahead and ordered one of each. Guess I'll find out how I like it in about 5 years when I pop one open :puffpipe:

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
lawdawg- it will absolutely become available again.
It's hard for me to compare Christmas Cheer to anything else. It's comprised of a single crop red Virginia, rather than a blend of different types, so it's pretty unique in that regard, and definitely uses top-top shelf tobacco.
There's always a bit of hype because it's produced in limited quantities and has Christmas in the name, but I think it really is as good as indicated here.
Read some reviews of previous editions of the series here if you'd like to get a better idea what it's like http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/brand/37/mcclelland
Edit- lawdawg I see you ordered some lol. Good call probably :puffy:

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Thank you, stickframer. I did read the reviews on tobaccoreviews.com, and they helped me decide to order a couple tins. I would hate to miss out on ever trying this well-loved seasonal blend if the FDA deeming regs prevent its production in the future. I plan to hang on to my tins, let them age, and hopefully be able to pop one open down the road and enjoy a bowl with my smoking buddies around the holidays.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Did anyone read the description of the eBay posting?
As everyone sadly knows, due to the government's new tobacco ruling, the much beloved Christmas Cheer tobacco will no longer be able to be produced. Ever.
All the tins are now sold out. This tin is the 2016 batch, made from a crop grown in 2010 (according to website). It is sealed, unopened and unsmoked.
Doesn't do much searching does he? I should be an ass and message him. :mrgreen:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
:rofl:

If they have any of the 2017 left Friday morning, I'll probably get some more.
I wanted to bitch him out too, but I held back. He ain't worth it.
(falsetto)It would be funny though! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.