PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
After a few calculations, I guess it shouldn't be that hard to believe there's 600 pounds there.

Assuming the tins on the large top shelf are 50g tins, it should be about 130 pounds (net) on that one shelf.

Way more including the tins.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Well done. Those cabinets are beautiful, and what a nice-looking family you have there. I hope you get the shelves reinforced soon; as noted they look to be well over their max capacity, and it would be a shame for them to break. I have 180 lbs in my cellar, about 65% tinned and 35% bulk, and I use industrial shelving.
Perhaps not "Reality Show", but certainly "Radio Show" worthy. Maybe someday Brian will host you on the show and you can share your story.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Some well placed 2x4's are in order there!
Although, some Hawaiian Monkeypod expertly sculpted on a lathe would add more panache. :)
Very impressive display and handsome boys and dogs ... love the sliding ladder too!

Dec 24, 2012
Cabinet guy says he can make another shelf so I don't need all those tins on one shelf. Should have it in a few days. In the meantime I have removed some tins to reduce the weight.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Wow Peck that is impressive. :clap:
I see either an episode of Hoarders or How to Prepare for The Zombie Apocalypse in your future. :mrgreen:

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
A serious question to you Peck, approximately how many blends do keep open and in your smoking rotation? Is the pictured cellar a dynamic one that you can go to and select a tin that has your required amount of age on or do you strictly store tobacco in there? I ask only my because I'm starting to get a fair quantity together myself and want to keep it organized, something I'm not really good at. Very impressive stash, btw.

Dec 24, 2012
Setter, you can see my stash at the link below and what I have open at the top. I update this everytime I open a tin from those cabinets and when I finish a tin. I do also have a drawer of blends that aren't officially in the cellar that I am in the process of trying. This includes a bunch of GQ tobacco and also a bunch of the C&D blends that I am still working my way through to see if they are cellar worthy and none of those are reflected in my official cellar inventory.
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/peckinpahhombre

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, that is so well organized that I am green with envy. I wish I had a place to store all my tobacco in one place. I have mine packed away in my closet, under my bed, in my built in living room cabinets and in my night stands. I have to go digging everytime I need to grab a new tin, where your set up would be so much easier. I looked at your list and noticed I do have you beat on number of the most important blends. JA Luxury Flake, Wessex BCDF, Stonehaven, F&T CVP, Solani Silver Flake, Best Brown, St James and FVF too name a few. I think you need to catch up buddy, no reason to quit now, 642 pounds just is not enough. lol

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Dang, good thing you are getting some sturdier shelves. Your cellar makes me feel more 'normal' when I look at my own :). That's a mountain of fine tobacco. PS, your definition of a barn and mine differ notably.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I don't know Harris. I think having the stash spread out is better in case something bad happens. Your stash might not be taken out in one fell swoop like Peck's.
Impressive, sir. Impressive.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Hey Peck, why did you choose (mostly) tins over buying bulk and jarring? Any particular reason?
Fantastic cellar BTW!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Impressive indeed! Glad to hear more shelves are on the way, there is serious sag involved.

My wife wants to know where you got that wall fan, I'm not sure she noticed the tobacco.

Great looking kids and dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.