Canadian ordering from the USA, the TAX man got me.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
I propose a deal.
I'm in Minnesotan, an honorary Canuck in other words. Let's meet at the border but not quite cross it. I'll slide you 178 grams; you push over a wheelbarrow full of .22 LR bricks.
We need your ammo. You need our baccy.
Deal?
(Shhhh... feds are listening in)

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Um. I've come back with my suitcase heavy a couple times. But... last time, they seem to have caught on. There was even a news special on Canadian tv about Marekins sneaking up and back to restock from your ample supplies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@12pups- Specifically the feds tasked with eradicating all fun things known to man: alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives!

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
When I was a teenager we would walk across the bridge to Calais Maine and get a six pack, which was taxable at the border, stop halfway coming back and drink one. Five beer were not taxable so we would repeat as needed. The Border Guards on both sides never said a word, I think they got a laugh out of it.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
We have a border patrol? That must just be on the north side. :rofl:
too right, Seacaptain!
Maybe we should be rotating them from south to north and giving the Canadians a break. Then our Canadian brothers could get in on the unrestricted access and back haul a couple of hundred pounds of their favorite baccy back across the border tax free.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I work at Tucson International Airport, and every morning as I walk through the terminal, I get to see my tax dollars at rest in the form of Border Patrol agents busily holding up pillars and checking their phones. After twelve years, I have not seen them take a single person into custody. Apparently, their deterrent effect is overwhelming. I have always had a picture in my mind of that morning's BP briefing: "Alright guys, listen up! You, you and you, out into the desert to sweat, get bit by scorpions, and get shot at by smugglers. You guys over there, head up to Tucson International and make sure the air conditioning works good and lots of good looking chicks walk by. Everybody be safe out there!"

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
The hardest working Border Patrol Agents are on your northern border protecting you from the undesirable hordes of Canadians wanting to cross for a few hours and leave money in their wake.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I for one am thankful for the Border Patrol in the north. If it weren't for those brave men and women, I might be forced to eat weird bacon and watch curling!

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Don't get me started on the bacon, the only place I've ever saw "Canadian Bacon" is south of the border lol. What's up with that round stuff ? That's not bacon. You could watch curling if there isn't any drying paint to watch, although curling does require drinking, they don't show that aspect of the game.

pipebender

Lurker
Aug 16, 2015
Round bacon?? Is that something up here? Never heard of it. I did have bagged milk when I was a kid though.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Hi, Davet. Thanks for the baccy!
Dave, I think the Canadian bacon is actually referred to as bacon coins. I'm not sure thought, the flake bacon packs well and burns well for me, :mrgreen:

May 7, 2015
okiescout said "I relax knowing "big brother" is so interested in my well being". Funny thing is, in the novel 1984 they could still smoke in the lunch room. 8O

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
How I feel crossing into the US
canada-border-jpg.jpg

How I feel coming back to Canada
hqdefault.jpg

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Dave that bottom photo reminds me of the annual car inspections we had to endure years ago here in Oklahoma. Those inspectors must have relocated north when the state abolished the requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.