PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
My daughter loves the smell of the St Patrick's Day tin. That should have told be to stay clear! I tried a small bowl of the K&K 2015 Limited Edition Aro this afternoon, it showed me what a good job was done of the St Patricks tobacco. The leaf quality seems really good I just need a different casing for my tastes I think.
Stickframer: Let me send you a bowl or two of Carter Hall. I want to do a side by side test with SWR and I found something else in my stash today that made me think of you. I agree that I need to get my hands on some PA for a comparisson as well.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Jim are you ready for the box to arrive mid to late next week? I think I can get it in the mail Tuesday or Wednesday here.
I tried some McCrannies Red Ribbon and C&D Constellation today and they were both winners in my book.
I have added the following

The two that need explaining are from my local tobacconist called Smoke rings. I will cut and paste their descriptions.
Tyne Point

Top grade natural Cavendish, hand blended with bright Virginia and mild black Cavendish. The brandy casing gives this blend a great flavour and aroma.
Newcastle

This blend consists of milder Latakia from Cypress with Virginia combined with black Brazilian sun cured tobacco. A mild English style mixture, mellow and rich.
I am keeping one of the pipe stands you made Jim as my other one was overflowing and I really like the one you made. I will also pick a tamper but have yet to decide which one. Since everyone has seen the magazine I'll hang onto it so I can read it and put it back in the box next time it swings by here if there is interest in it. I have taken samples of Five o'clock shadow, three nuns and black twist to try and after trying Constellation just now I might pull out one more bowl of that before packaging up the box.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Great notes fmgee and that's a very hearty contribution to the box! I'm glad you snagged one of those wooden pipe stands or I would have felt bad for not taking one myself! I don't really need one but they sure were nice.
I kinda miss the box being in the house because it really did smell nice; like my own personal tobacconist!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
fmgee...sounds like you had a good time with the bow...excellent. :D
I am ready to receive...fire when ready. :puffy:

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Awesome I'm glad you enjoyed the Red Ribbon! It's a fine tobacco and not too easy to come across this side of the border since McCranies won't ship to Canada.
I realize I'm not in on this crawl, but just wanted to add a comment. I buy McCranies RR from McCranies directly all the time and have never once had them say, 'They don't ship to Canada'.

Payment is made via Paypal. All you have to do is send an email to Todd McCranie here:

todd@mccranies.com
Chris in RD AB

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
No kiddin! I've been considering starting a thread about that very issue. Thank you Chris! I wonder what the duty would be on a pallet full? :D

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks guys... You bet I'm in on the next one.
Thank you Chris! I wonder what the duty would be on a pallet full?
Stickframer? Who said anything about duty? :rofl:

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I realize I'm not in on this crawl, but just wanted to add a comment. I buy McCranies RR from McCranies directly all the time and have never once had them say, 'They don't ship to Canada'.
They must like you more! I had emailed to ask them about their shipping policy (their website states 'At this time, we cannot ship outside of the USA') and they confirmed to me that was true. Actually, re-reading my email to them, I did not confirm wether that statement was true. I simply asked if I could ship it to my GF in Montana and mail a cheque from Canada (Their website also states 'We can only accept checks and money orders for mail-orders').
I seem to have inadvertently made this much more complex than necessary. :lol: I'm glad to know it's much more straightforward than that! Thanks!

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hey folks, I didn't mean to offend anyone. My comments were anecdotal in nature only. Sounds like you have had some really great tobaccos in the box. I'm jealous.

Jim, my hat is off you you for organizing this. Well done indeed.

If anyone is interested in ordering specifics from my sources please PM me.

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Certainly no offence here! I'm glad you brought it to our attention that we can order it in!
The girlfriend will appreciate not having to mule it across the border for me anymore lol

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Thanks guys... You bet I'm in on the next one.
That's awesome Chris. PM me your particulars and I will add you to the list for the next round. :)
The girlfriend will appreciate not having to mule it across the border for me anymore lol
drezz, I crack up every time you mention your gf "muleing" tobacco across for you. :lol:

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
I seem to have inadvertently made this much more complex than necessary.  I'm glad to know it's much more straightforward than that! Thanks!
Drezz I was getting ready to organize a road trip! :rofl:
For the record I appreciate your gf's muling. Otherwise I woukd not have tasted this most hypnotizing weed. I will graciously smoke a bowl of RR in her honor. :clap:

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Ha! Though a road trip may still be a good experience! If you order some in let me know how the transaction goes! I've still got a tin of it left.
There is certainly something special about a single crop blend!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hi there gang, just a lurker watching the pass who wants to say, "Huzzah!"
Nice work on the pass so far you guys. Keep it going!
-- Pat

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I am enjoying reading about the current Canadian Box Pass and remembering the anticipation a couple years ago, anticipating the arrival of "the box". Will try to get in on the next one.
Also, pleasantly surprised at the number of fellow pipe smokers on this forum located in Red Deer, Alberta.
Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.