20150930_175510-600x337.jpg

The bagged goods:
20150930_190529-600x337.jpg

Thansk fmgee! Pacing myself may become an issue :D

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Thansk fmgee! Pacing myself may become an issue
Just take care of your tongue and don't rush the Black Twist!
I look forward to hearing what you think about the blends in the box.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Nice! That was super speedy - the lady at the post office quoted me 4 days and said it sometimes takes longer to get to Calgary than that for some reason. Enjoy it man, I'll let you be the guinea pig for the black twist before I try a bit of what I pinched :lol:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Nice, that didn't take long at all. :)
I really enjoy the MM Country Gentleman blend to. I'll be buying more of it in the future. Enjoy the box. :puffy:

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
It's awesome to have been able to sample some blends I otherwise wouldn't have tried. I've been enjoying this.
I found out red VA is delicious and any issues I've had in the past were likely caused by me smoking like a dufus. :mrgreen:
Fmgee, I can mail the box your way Thursday.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Awesome. I am ready.
Glad you are enjoying the Red Virginias.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Box is in the mail!

Tracking #: 159777104526
5 o'clock shadow tastes awesome and has some nic, and Red Ribbon is phenomenal (thanks drezz!). Those were my favorites. I also tried Constellation and 3 Nuns, and found 3 Nuns to be a solid VaBur with no surprises. I thought Constellation had some rough edges and I wasn't much of a fan after 1 bowl.
I scooped some Pirate Kake and Black Twist for later, along with a bit of Country Gent, Red Ribbon, 3 Nuns and 5 o'clock. There's plenty left. Oh and I took a tamper and 2 folding pipe stands. Both pipe stands jkrug made remain in the box because I have a couple empty spaces in my current stands.
To the box I added Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake, Fribourg and Treyer Wingate Mixture (English w/ a touch of perique), Peterson Wild Atlantic and Sir Walter Raleigh. Also I tossed in a wind cap.
Enjoy fmgee and thanks jkrug and drezz. :puffy:

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
ahh and I thought the system was just slow at getting the data in... Oct 16th: looks like the package is planning on walking from Calgary. I'll post when it gets here.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Sorry fmgee. There were 2 series of numbers that looked like tracking numbers. Anywho...
I received the box 2 full days before the original delivery date so fingers crossed.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Awesome I'm glad you enjoyed the Red Ribbon! It's a fine tobacco and not too easy to come across this side of the border since McCranies won't ship to Canada.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Drezz- :worship:
Lol. I think it was the first chance I had to smoke a single crop straight VA. Wow. While not an all day smoke it is simply delicious.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
The box has arrived. I have a crazy week this week so I am not sure when I am going to get to it but I am excited!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Nice. Look forward to trying the SG BBF. I have a few tins in the cellar but I have never tried it. No need to rush fmgee, get to it when you get to it. :)

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
I have managed to sneak in a few small bowls over the last couple of days.
Peterson Wild Atlantic shares a lot with Old Dublin but is a much milder version.
Peterson St Patricks day 2015 tobacco is the first aro I have had in over a year. I know how to smoke a pipe now and this seems like pretty good quality tobacco. I could totally taste some of the flavours in there. The problem is it tastes like a mango lassi full of marshmallows. Okay for a sip but not something I'd order again.
Mm country gentleman: Has a musty sweetness with a nutty edge. I knew nothing about it when I was smoking it. I am amazed there are no orientals in this. Might have to have a second bowl.
Freybourgh & Taylor Wingate Mixture: This has a strong resemblance to Lane Limited Crown Achievement but with a little less tang in the orientals. The Perique seemed to loose a little edge in the lower part of the bowl.
Sir Walter Raeleagh: Why was I so excited to try this? I got shades of Carter Hall but with less topping, more of a bitter edge and perhaps more bite.I really need to give some more of these old time blends a go. I am wonder about Prince Albert now.
I'll get a few more bowls in this weekend and get the package together to send it off later next week. The box sure smells good sitting in the living room.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
The box-note is awesome hey.
Good job on trying St. Patrick's Day. I was mighty tempted but wussed out at the last second. The tin note scared me away. :lol:
SWR is good once in a while. I'm keen to try some other codger blends one day, namely CH and PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.