PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, when I do a search through my books and even Google, I find nothing on these words stamped on the pipe. Well, I do get hits, but they are of an "adult" nature. I don't think Peter Pump is the name of the brand. I think it might be a bucket pipe of sorts. Or, a seconds, or some other special ordered pipe. The maker will be nearly impossible, without contacting pipe companies and inquiring, which is going to be more footwork than the pipe is worth, as you probably won't discover anything that will boost the value of the pipe, as a collector looking for such a pipe would already be familiar with it.
I hope that helps! That said, have fun with your Peter Pump. :puffy:

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
Cosmic. You and me both. I have extensive archives of my own with thousands of makers and not a thing. Tried the internet, zilch. It's a very well made pipe and is far too good to be a second or a bucket pipe. I'm thinking French or perhaps Dutch. It's the logo that is baffling as well - a galleon with 'PP' on the sails. I even wondered if it was in a Foreign language, I know that 'pump' is Welsh for five, but that didn't lead anywhere.
I must admit to being a bit taken aback by the unremitting nastiness shown on this post, anyone would think I was asking them to sacrifice their firstborn or something. Still many thanks for your efforts it is much appreciated.

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
Stanlaurel, I was referring to the request for help, clearly a great many people on here seem to think that asking for help in identifying the maker of a pipe is something unholy. You clearly have no intention of helping in any way so please don't trouble yourself any more - I'm sure I will survive without your witticisms, oh and by the way if you wish to show how really clever you are by using quotes you might just want to try and get them right. Marcellous talking to Horatio in Act 1 scene 4 states 'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.'

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Well...the pipe is clearly still for sale. Something is rotten in Denmark.
Or Wales! That's where Bob's Briars says it's located. Actually the intransigence of oystermouth is ironic, as I am going to be in Cardiff later this month and was thinking about visiting the shop.
Wow. Just read other replies. Looks like mr mouth is both pedantic and acerbic. Correction: A verbatim quote is not necessary to convey the meaning.
Why not grow a pair, oysters, and man up to your chicanery?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I must admit to being a bit taken aback by the unremitting nastiness shown on this post, anyone would think I was asking them to sacrifice their firstborn or something. Still many thanks for your efforts it is much appreciated.
You mean in this thread, not "on this post", right?
When you slide in here sideways, posing as one thing but being another, then throw insults right and left, and completely dodging straightforward questions, what would you expect? You have, so far, been more lightly treated than I think you deserve.

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
jpmcwjr why do you keep banging on? I have told you several times not to bother replying as you have nothing of any worth to convey, I mean a chap who doesn't know the meaning of 'bruyere' for goodness sake. What chicanery you are referring to I have no idea. I have been nothing but pleasant and polite whereas you seem to have something inserted way up where the sun don't shine. And please do visit my shop while you are in Cardiff, let me know when so I will sure to be in.
I see you have only been a member here for a very short time, perhaps you haven't learned any manners yet as you seem to be going overboard to demonstrate what a complete pratt you are! Oh and please don't bother to reply you really are getting very tedious.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The truth will out!
Again, you could grow a pair and "man up " to who you are and what you've done. And try it with fewer insults! Hah, if that doesn't work, you can roger yourself with Peter Pump! :)

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
What on earth does this mean 'When you slide in here sideways, posing as one thing but being another,'. Can you please show me where I have 'posed' as anyone apart from a chap who needed help?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
If it wasn't an advertisement then why didn't you just imbed the images into your post. Instead your put a link.
Also there's no reason to get snippy.

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
"The truth will out!
Again, you could grow a pair and "man up " to who you are and what you've done'
I must admit I am totally baffled by these remarks. What on earth do you mean 'who I am and what I've done? What truth are you talking about I am looking for information on a pipe I own, can you not understand that?

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
Fitzy because as I explained I did not know how to in the first post. I would gladly do that if I knew how. If someone didn't like me doing what I did then perhaps a little advice on how to do it instead of making a load of offensive comments.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Good luck in finding the information you're looking for.
It's interesting to look through peoples past posts. :puffpipe:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
All joking aside, as well as arguments. Can anybody answer the mans question? What the hell is a Peter Pump Pipe. Causing this much aggravation I'd like to own one. Bruyere Extra and all. What's up?

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I don't post pics either, to much of a pain in the ass. I try not to get into a bind where I need to. Anyway, Peter Pump. What up with the guy?

Guys, guys, if I can be of help. Not everyone here is American, nor speaks American as their first language. We have to give a little leeway for cultural difference as these foreign folks acclimate to our culture. We may assume he is being snippy, or his that the responses are odd, but as the poster gets used to writing in our American language and becomes more accustomed to the American way, these little snippets of misunderstandings will eventually fall away.

Welcome to the forums. We are not always a serious bunch, but we hope to be entertaining. I look forward to seeing your participation in the future. I see that you are from the UK, I've never been to the UKraine, but I've heard that it's very nice there. Again, welcome...

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
Cosmic Well thank you for welcoming me to the forums but I joined in 2010. As for the Ukraine well when I was there it was fantastic, great country and great people. Anyway thanks again for trying to help me out with identification. By the way never heard of this language 'American' I'm using English, though I could use any one of four.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Nice piece. I couldn't find anything on it. It looks like French manufacture, maybe 1920's, possibly 1930's maybe earlier. What type of slot, orific, semi orific, lozenge? Any evidence of a fitment, stinger, or filter?
Gotta admit, the logo is a bit unfortunate. Probably a tobacconist's house name for a pipe made by an outside manufacturer, as it's cased, nicely BTW, which suggests a factory of sufficient size to have a casing department.

Status
Not open for further replies.