PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I clicked on it, and saw the pipe, but kept getting pop ups for the Pos-T-Vac.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
What's the difference between a Prince and A Diplomat? They both look like ball sacks.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sorry oystermouth. We get a little nutty from time to time. That is a great looking pipe btw.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Ditto Chasingembers.....Intiation is fun. That was a serious question about the Diplomat and Prince shapes, though.

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
I date it to the 20's - 30's because of the style, workmanship and materials. I'm not sure what people mean by can't read what's stamped on the pipe, perhaps you need better glasses. There is no need to discuss the meaning of 'bruyere' at a later date it is the French for 'heather' which has been Anglisised to briar. It would seem no one knows anything about the pipe, still thanks for looking.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Can you not address the questions of you in the thread? (without rancor, please)
The photos linked are not sufficient to determine very much at all. Take better and post larger photos!

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Well Bruyere would have to be briar. Wouldn't it? Just a little Latin etymology. I'm not good with shapes... Looks like a Billiard/Apple. I'm probably not even in the same ball park.

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
Sorry didn't quite understand what it is you are asking jpmcwjr. I am asking if anyone has ever heard of a make of pipe called 'Peter Pump'. Very simple not sure what you mean about me 'addressing questions'. What questions?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some of the questions have been indicated indirectly by now. It appears that you own it, and it appears that you linked to small images from Bob's Briars. Correct? And that you won't or can't post better images. Or are you Bob's Briars? You say you reckon it's from the 30's or 40's, so is that your conclusion, or based on what Bob said?

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
jpmcwjr Sorry really don't understand what you are talking about. The first line of my question reads 'I have a lovely old pipe,' which kind of lets you know that I own it. I don't understand what you mean by small images. I am asking if anyone has heard of a make of pipe 'Peter Pump'. What is it about that question you don't understand? If you are unable to answer that and you haven't heard of that make that's fine, no problem. To try and answer your question about dating as I have already posted 'I date it to the 20's - 30's because of the style, workmanship and materials' which sort of indicates that I am dating it to that time, using my knowledge and experience of pipes accumulated over the last forty years. Please don't bother yourself any more, it's obvious you have not heard of the make so that's an end to it.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Can you dodge a direct question any more without being insulting? You have been asked if you were indeed "Bob's Briars". Are you not?
Sorry I was critical of your photos but they are not worthy of a middling amateur photographer. That you don't seem to know what a small image on the internet means is astounding, but I reckon you're being obtuse to be irritating.
And you've deduced one thing correctly: I have not heard of your Peter Pump.

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
jpmcwjr As I have said please don't bother yourself any more, you know nothing about the make so that's an end to it.

oystermouth

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
Davet you seem to be reading too much into this simple request for assistance with identifying the maker of a pipe I own. I don't need to advertise in this manner thanks for your concern, but I must admit to being completely baffled by the response to a request for help. Please consider the request withdrawn.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Well...the pipe is clearly still for sale. Something is rotten in Denmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.