PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I was able to place 8 tins in my cart and get to the end of the checkout process before smokingpipes crashed. Looks like I might be missing out if SP is sold out whenever it finally comes back online.

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
congratulations-you-just-broke-the-internet.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I just fortuitously clicked on this post and it’s the first I’m hearing of the blend. Crazy that I came at the exact time of its release. Went to go buy some and it’s all sold out or the sites have crashed. :ROFLMAO:puffy

Worknman

Sep 23, 2019
SP will still have some Im sure when they come back online. Won't last long though.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
grrr wanted to get it from TP...don't know why I feel like I need this...

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I would love to get my hands on some. I just need to figure out how to make that happen from all the way over here in Bulgaria…
I'm in the same situation as you bro. It's more profitable to go for it, in a pool float, for children. Crossing the Atlantic Ocean. Before it goes through customs, and cost you more expensive than a trip to mars. ??

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Review ratings are subjective. For example the last similar blend to this one, crf w/ perique (2021) he gave 3 stars but every other reviewer gave it 4 stars.
Not trying to talk you into or out of it, the main question is do you like previous offerings from c&d in this genre and does the flavor profile suit you?

I should give you some context for that CRFw/Perique 2021 rating. I'm the only reviewer I know who rates a blend by similar blends in the same genre. I never rate for my personal taste. I recommended (three stars) for that particular vintage because there are better blends in that particular subset of the VaPer genre, so I could not give it four stars. If I wasn't rating blends against other blends, many of my ratings would be different than they are. That would also be true if I rated for my personal taste.

I believe if I give a blend a four star rating that anything else in that particular category has to be just as good, or very, very close to being as good in order to get four stars. There have been times that I have gone back to earlier reviews, and changed the rating because of later experiences when I found more blends in that subset of its genre that were better or worse. Sometimes, that forces a downgrade or an upgrade of a previous rating in order to maintain consistency in my ratings of blends in the same arena. You aren't likely to find that in anybody else's reviews, so it's something to keep in mind when comparing my ratings against others'.

As another example, I'm sure you saw some of my recent revised reviews. Any ratings that were changed was due to comparison not just to the earlier versions, but to other blends in the same genre as well. That, too, was rating maintenance.

Btw, three stars is still a recommendation, and at times I have felt my three star ratings are often somebody else's four star ratings. If I rated for my personal taste, a great many of my reviews would have different ratings than they currently do.

Last edited:

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I'm in the same situation as you bro. It's more profitable to go for it, in a pool float, for children. Crossing the Atlantic Ocean. Before it goes through customs, and cost you more expensive than a trip to mars. ??
I ended up buying some and having it sent to a friends house in the States. It will likely be close to two years before I travel back to America, so the blend will have some nice time to age ?