PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
Anyone have any idea how many tins of this they produced?

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Anyone have any idea why nobody is really talking about this release? I haven’t seen any pre release reviews such as from jiminks or anyone. I’m just wondering if this is a flop and so they don’t want to give anyone a taste for fear of a bad review or everyone is tight lipped to keep it on the relative downlow so the scalpers don’t hoard it all. Would love to hear all of your thoughts.
Jiminks typically only reviews blends that he's given a sample of, which I cant blame him given how many reviews he does.

But looking at the components of this blend plus the "anniversary" nature of it, Im fairly confident its going to be a top notch blend at least for my taste.

Of course it will have its share of haters, and the people who didn't want to risk any money buying it, wanting to wait and see what other people thought about it first, will be SOL and at the mercy of the scalpers.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Anyone have any idea why nobody is really talking about this release? I haven’t seen any pre release reviews such as from jiminks or anyone. I’m just wondering if this is a flop and so they don’t want to give anyone a taste for fear of a bad review or everyone is tight lipped to keep it on the relative downlow so the scalpers don’t hoard it all. Would love to hear all of your thoughts.
I didn't get a tin until today. Just posted my review at TR.

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
I didn't get a tin until today. Just posted my review at TR.
Thank you for the review! if it had been 4 stars I may have grabbed 10. Now I’m considering not getting any. I’m sure it’s good but without a wow factor I might just hold off. The regular release of small batch/one time blends has started to become the norm and unless I I hear of some wow factor I’d rather hold off. Thanks again Jim.

Reactions: JimInks

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
Judging by the number of the usual suspects already advertising their online stores and 'the push' this week, I'd guess at the very least 10,000? Maybe even 20,000.
Yeah, it’s starting to get a little silly these small batch blends of increasing supply.

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
Jiminks typically only reviews blends that he's given a sample of, which I cant blame him given how many reviews he does.

But looking at the components of this blend plus the "anniversary" nature of it, Im fairly confident its going to be a top notch blend at least for my taste.

Of course it will have its share of haters, and the people who didn't want to risk any money buying it, wanting to wait and see what other people thought about it first, will be SOL and at the mercy of the scalpers.
Yeah I hear you. I’ve been on the fence with this one as with other “small batches” as they are becoming so common. I think Jim inks review tipped me off it. Still good I’m sure at 3 stars but the wow factor needs to be there for me to jump for yet another “small batch”.

Reactions: pantsBoots
Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Yeah I hear you. I’ve been on the fence with this one as with other “small batches” as they are becoming so common. I think Jim inks review tipped me off it. Still good I’m sure at 3 stars but the wow factor needs to be there for me to jump for yet another “small batch”.
From my understanding this blend isn't a small batch, but a one time release.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Review ratings are subjective. For example the last similar blend to this one, crf w/ perique (2021) he gave 3 stars but every other reviewer gave it 4 stars.
Not trying to talk you into or out of it, the main question is do you like previous offerings from c&d in this genre and does the flavor profile suit you?

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
Review ratings are subjective. For example the last similar blend to this one, crf w/ perique (2021) he gave 3 stars but every other reviewer gave it 4 stars.
Not trying to talk you into or out of it, the main question is do you like previous offerings from c&d in this genre and does the flavor profile suit you?

https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blen...-flake-with-perique-2021#review114884[/QUOTE]
i hear where youre coming from and it is possible I could like it more than Jim. From my perspective though, I trust the experts on here, jiminks, chasing embers and others. Maybe I’ll get a few to try it out though

Reactions: JimInks