PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoker49

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2012
In celebration of my new avatar, I thought I would see how many of you have beards? I know FoggyMountain has an amazing beard. I am letting mine grow long this winter, but I doubt I will reach "Lord of the Rings" length. My wife loves facial hair, so she is supportive of my attempts. If I start looking Amish, it's coming off. Ha ha.
3.jpg

bcirka

Lurker
Aug 28, 2012
Short beard here, although I rotate facial hair throughout the year. Beard for late fall/winder. Clean shaven for early summer, goatee during the rest of the year. The beard isn't anything impressive since I don't grow it for very long, but it IS red. :)

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Goatee for me. I've worn one since I was 16. I shaved it once in college and hated it.
I grew a beard out a time or two but never really kept it for long.
I think if i clean shaved now my kids wouldn't recognize me :)

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Goatee only here, but it's getting rather long. It's also going white, which I think is neat if not at least a little premature.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I really miss not havin a beard! Like I think about it constantly. My work allows a moustache and that's it, I've contemplated claiming religious reasons or changing jobs even. I'm 25 so a moustache is a little out of place and also the part of my beard that takes the longest to fill out. I have a 6 week Bonding leave coming up and I'm not shaving a single day of it. I once asked someone very high up the corporate ladder why we have to shave. He said because not everyone can grow a full beard, this angers me even more, so basically that's the same as saying we should all shave our heads because some men are bald. My wife doesn't really like the beard necessarily but I had it when I met her. She assures me someday I will be able to grow my beard because she sees the anguish it causes me to be clean shaven. I can assure you my next job will take me or leave me with a beard and I will be a happier MAN for it!

Aug 1, 2012
Full beard here. It really helps when it's snowing and blowing as your beard freezes up and you get a nice crust of ice insulating your face.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Had a beard beard since i was 15. Shaved it off a couple of times to realize that i don't have the face for it :D

I have had some real long ones over the years. I once shaved a 6 year growth off for charity.

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
Beard going strong here, Ive had it for a few years now. Actually in a beard contest so it's longer than I usually have it and I plan to just keep it going.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Had one for years but shaved it off last week. It is coming in nicely again. I really don't know what made me get rid of it. Just a spur of the moment thing I guess.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Got a really bad mustache atm. Love growing the full beard, but work won't allow it. Got to wear a respirator once in a while and the beard interferes with the seal.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Other than a hitch in the Guard, I kept a beard from '89 up until I got this job. And I was a handsome devil back then!
fixed-it.gif

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
Had a full beard off and on years ago, but haven't for many years. Was clean shaven during most of the '90's up until 2006 when I grew the current goatee. The current look will likely stay with me 'til the end; wife didn't care for it when I started it but now says if it goes, I go...
From late '70's:
x_0028-2-600x473.jpg

and
pics_0042-600x470.jpg

pipenerd

Lurker
Oct 27, 2012
Going to grow mine again. I had one before, but the heat of the desert forced me to shear all but the stache off. This time, I am going to try and keep it for a while

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I can grow a decent goatee and a wispy straight moustache ... but a beard on me looks like a dirty mop.
How's my soul patch coming in?
FgD4h.jpg

And notable mention ... anyone notice grizzly86 went from big old beard to shaving everything on his head but his eyebrows?
bald feels good.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Full beard here but keep it short. I shave my head though. It took awhile to build up the courage to do that (had a ponytail then) but now cannot go more than 3-4 days without have to shave the dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.