PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
God damn... I have always wished I could grow a big bushy beard... When I was a kid I used to watch a tv show called Grizzley Adams and I always wanted a beard like his... But all my beards that I have grown are more like Pei Mei or any other old Kung Fu Master ... :lol:

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Had to shave a 18 yr old beard goatte off for new employer just to find out, everyone else kept theirs. Aslong as the facial hair doesn't touch.

found a micro shaver so now there is only a 1/8 inch space between.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Switch from short beard to full/thick beard every few months. Part to lazy to trim, part like changing it up, especially as seasons change.
This pic is from last year, but closest I found to what I am now. I have let it get longer still.
photo-20.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I usually rotate facial hair. Sometimes a goatee, sometimes a soul patch, jawline beard aka chin strap lol, and sometimes a full beard. Right now I have a lightly growing in full beard as I grew tired of the moustache even before Movember hit lol. The only time really that I shave completely is before the NHL playoffs. Then I grow it out the entire run. True hockey fans will understand lol. I've had some form of facial hair ever since I was 16. I think it's mostly the bit of a double chin I still have that keeps me from going clean shaven all the time.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have had mustach since 1987. The beard started when I was dating 1990. My dad asked if I would shave for my wedding, and my bride said we would have to delay the wedding until it grew back. Other than a one day experiment, the beard has been with me since then. When it is 3/4" long, I start getting annoyed, so I trim it back to 1/4".
Winton

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
I wish I was allowed to grow a beard. I think after I retire in a few years I may never shave again.

mb1mb

Might Stick Around
Oct 5, 2012
Short full beard. I hit it with clippers #2 guard every 2-3 weeks. No guard on the neck.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I haven't been clean shaven since the summer after I graduated from HS, which is 1968. I have had a beard like the one in my forum av for close to 40 years,with a brief hiatus in the early 70s.

My children have never seen me without one.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
If the army would allow me i would never shave. my wife would probably try and trim it in my sleep though.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
FoggyMountain is my hero.
My hair is too fine to grow well. I guess I'll give it a couple more years. It's finally starting to fill out.
Anyway I still can't find my razor.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I've had a beard since I was 20. There are a large number of people in my life who have never seen me without it! It's also great sunscreen during the summer and a handy scarf for winter. :)

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
I hate shaving. As soon as I had a job that allowed beards I stopped shaving and kept the beard trimmed.
odiggity.jpg

I hate having a mustache though, as it get's in my mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.