Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
They are going to do a new sign up when this one get close to the end of the line!
I haven't even received the first box yet (I think I'm soon) and I'm already enthusiastic to sign up for round 2.

Something else I enjoy from another forum I did - blind taste sample passes.
We'd sent eachother 5 blends and in one thread, we'd post our tasting notes then take a guess at what blend we thought it was. I've always thought about starting one here. It was harder than hell, but a whole lotta fun

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
Fellas, all I have to say is WOW! That box is loaded with some serious goodies. Took me a few hours to sort through everything and bag up samples. There's some stuff in there I'm really stoked to try!

I've added a couple things in there including more mylar bags. Due to work demands, I'm planning to get the box back out in the next day or two.

Again, thanks for putting this together!

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
The box is headed north, out of this swampy sauna of the FL peninsula. Some advice for upcoming recipients - get yourself a good stock of the smaller mylar bags for smaller sample sizes. I grabbed some on Amazon that I thought would be smaller, but they still seemed too large. I took samples of maybe 3/4 of what was in there and went through at least 25 mylar bags...maybe more. Second - there's a block of SG Chocolate Flake Plug in there - if you're going to sample any of that, you're gonna need a circular saw to chop some off! That plug was a literal brick.

Enjoy!

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
That Carter Hall came to me from Mike Dedo. He’s a member here, but I forget his screen name.
It was very delicious!
It certainly was! You would never guess that it was as old as it is.

Speaking of Lakelands....I tried a bowl of the Peretti 'No Name'. In the bag it smelled of my grandmother's purse. Smoking it, though, reminded me distintly of SG's Grousemoor. It had the same kind of citrusy-lakelandy aroma and flavor. I smoked it in the same pipe the day before I tried the Carter Hall, and was afraid I had ghosted the pipe after one smoke and ruined my Carter Hall experience. So I'm glad you said that too!

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
It certainly was! You would never guess that it was as old as it is.

Speaking of Lakelands....I tried a bowl of the Peretti 'No Name'. In the bag it smelled of my grandmother's purse. Smoking it, though, reminded me distintly of SG's Grousemoor. It had the same kind of citrusy-lakelandy aroma and flavor. I smoked it in the same pipe the day before I tried the Carter Hall, and was afraid I had ghosted the pipe after one smoke and ruined my Carter Hall experience. So I'm glad you said that too!
I was out of town all last week, so I'm just nor getting to the rest of my samples

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
The eagle landed fellas, i have the package. Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital overnight with a heart scare. I reckon the package was just too much.
Anyways, I should be home tomorrow and have it out by this weekend. Really looking forward to a handful of things.
Get well soon my friend!

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
The eagle landed fellas, i have the package. Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital overnight with a heart scare. I reckon the package was just too much.
Anyways, I should be home tomorrow and have it out by this weekend. Really looking forward to a handful of things.
Take care of yourself and hope you are feeling better! I know the box contents will help!

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Alright. Finished going through the box and adding to it. Wow, that was alot. So many good blends.
Currently packing some HU Moroccan Bazaar as I piece this box back together.
Will get this to the PO this afternoon and post some photos of pipe endeavors from the box as I smoke them.
Thanks to all involved and for letting me participate. I'll hope to see this box a second time around if it goes that route - and if there's any room left! 20230807_122022.jpg20230807_121601.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Alright. Finished going through the box and adding to it. Wow, that was alot. So many good blends.
Currently packing some HU Moroccan Bazaar as I piece this box back together.
Will get this to the PO this afternoon and post some photos of pipe endeavors from the box as I smoke them.
Thanks to all involved and for letting me participate. I'll hope to see this box a second time around if it goes that route - and if there's any room left! View attachment 238439View attachment 238440
Unless someone else slipped a tin of Moroccan Bizarre in there, I'm wondering why it got repackaged?

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG