Blood Red Moon Ghosted My Dishwasher!!

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
Yesterday I smoked the last bowl from my first tin of Blood Red Moon. I jarred it the day that I opened the tin and it took about a year and a half for me to smoke through it all. I tossed the empty jar to my wife as she was loading the dishwasher and she washed both the jar and the lid along with our other dishes. Today I grabbed a water glass off the top rack, filled it up with water, took a swig and ... there was that unmistakable taste of Blood Red Moon. The stuff had ghosted it's sweet chocolate cherry flavor onto our other dishes during the wash cycle. I was amazed, considering what goes on inside a running dishwasher, that this could happen. It must be some seriously powerful stuff. Now I wonder if I would smell like that inside if I were to be gutted like a fish. Probably so.

chasingembers

Preferred Member
Nov 12, 2014
Sprinkle a cup of baking soda across the bottom and run a full cycle. Should kill the odor.

verporchting

Dec 30, 2018
Which is exactly why I can tell you from experience that it is a tragic mistake to run a carburetor through the dishwasher after removing it from the solvent dip bucket. :rofl:
Believe me, it doesn't end well, not to mention it did a shitty job cleaning the solvent off the carb....
I almost got the opportunity to find out what my insides would smell like if I were gutted like a fish, LOL.

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
I will second the baking soda trick, we used that at the bakery for a ton of cleaning jobs.

cosmicfolklore

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2013
I really advise hand-washing your jars and then doing a rinse in hot bleach water. All a dishwasher does is spray off water soluble stuff. It rarely ever gets my jars very clean, especially tough, hard baked, aged tobacco gunk. But, a good soap soaked rag wiping out the inside of the jar is far superior to using a dishwasher.
Most folks have no idea what is happening inside a dishwasher, but it's not very magical. https://youtu.be/gjcyUjXwH_4

crashthegrey

Preferred Member
Dec 18, 2015
I prefer to hand wash as much as possible. With a large family I fall into the trap of the dishwasher to clean plates and such, but hand washed is king.

bnichols23

Preferred Member
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Get a cob dishwasher!
Does it cost a lot less and result in disappointment? [:oops:]
Bent. Over. Laughing My Flipping Buttski Off.
I really think Cos' has got it right. Old tricks are the best tricks, eh?