PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Yesterday I smoked the last bowl from my first tin of Blood Red Moon. I jarred it the day that I opened the tin and it took about a year and a half for me to smoke through it all. I tossed the empty jar to my wife as she was loading the dishwasher and she washed both the jar and the lid along with our other dishes. Today I grabbed a water glass off the top rack, filled it up with water, took a swig and ... there was that unmistakable taste of Blood Red Moon. The stuff had ghosted it's sweet chocolate cherry flavor onto our other dishes during the wash cycle. I was amazed, considering what goes on inside a running dishwasher, that this could happen. It must be some seriously powerful stuff. Now I wonder if I would smell like that inside if I were to be gutted like a fish. Probably so.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sprinkle a cup of baking soda across the bottom and run a full cycle. Should kill the odor.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Which is exactly why I can tell you from experience that it is a tragic mistake to run a carburetor through the dishwasher after removing it from the solvent dip bucket. :rofl:
Believe me, it doesn't end well, not to mention it did a shitty job cleaning the solvent off the carb....
I almost got the opportunity to find out what my insides would smell like if I were gutted like a fish, LOL.

I really advise hand-washing your jars and then doing a rinse in hot bleach water. All a dishwasher does is spray off water soluble stuff. It rarely ever gets my jars very clean, especially tough, hard baked, aged tobacco gunk. But, a good soap soaked rag wiping out the inside of the jar is far superior to using a dishwasher.
Most folks have no idea what is happening inside a dishwasher, but it's not very magical. https://youtu.be/gjcyUjXwH_4

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
ran four pipes through my dishwasher yesterday. Film at eleven. Well, photos later when I can get a round tuit.
OEzrcun.jpg

Here you go.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
This thread's title is right up there with "BAT BOY FOUND IN CAVE!" and "DINGOES ATE MY BABY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.