PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnofthedead

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2015
I used to carry a knife everywhere I go, partly for protection, but mostly to open packages and letters and stuff. Until one day I took it to the airport and had it confiscated. I wasn't even carrying it on my body or hand luggage, it was in my check-in baggage, and still the security told me to take it out and they took it off me. Fucking outrageous.
On a different note, I think people carry too many stuff on them these days, in the past all that a man had to have on him is some notes and his keys. Nowadays you have to have your cellphone, wallet, cards, bags, tissues and many other things. In the summer you don't even have enough pockets to hold them.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
One of these:

8888686739486_SAK_0_6580_16__S1_71054_tif_1.jpg

One of these:

3PhAx8v.jpg

And this, my snuff box:

QC3AkEv.jpg

Gotta have fire...

1932_replica.322144148_std.jpg

& keys on a carabiner.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
ffsinval, we seem to have some similar tastes! I like to fill my pockets with a fountain pen, a Fisher space pen, a Victorinox rambler (one of the 2.25" guys), a Fenix e05 flashlight, a small notebook, my phone, and a bandanna/handkerchief. And of course a wristwatch to top it all off. I carried a folding knife for a little while, but found that I get much more use out of my swiss army knife.

ffsinval

Lurker
Sep 10, 2015
You're right, macaroon! Although I'm not a bandana guy, I carry most of the other items you listed on a regular basis. SAK, fountain pen and notebook are indispensable for me.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Swiss Champ on my belt, Swiss classic on my keys, folding knife in my pocket. AA flashlight in my bag, AAA in my pocket, and flashlight app on my phone. As my Sarge used to say "Two is one and one is none. Always double up!".

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Plain, old, original style Leatherman and an Executive Defender flashlight. I can do practically anything with those, between removing and appendix and changing a head gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.