Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
Right now I'm down to: Phone, ID, Knife.
I used to have a collection of about 80 knives, now I'm down to a few dozen, with plans to keep buying and selling, hopefully ending up under... well ending up with less.

At various point I tried to carry a multitool but I just can't adjust to a lump that size being stuck on my hip. I do have my keys attached to a Victorinox Cybertool though. Not something I EDC, but it's never too far away, and it has very nice screwdriver bits.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Pocket knife, iPhone, multi tool, pipe case with all the fixins, and something else that falls between the numbers 37 & 39. (warren :wink: )

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
I carry a little, but very bright LED light on my keychain as well as the Flashlight app on my smart phone. I also carry a knife daily and have since I was 18. Used to be a SAK (swiss army knife) of one configuration or another. Now the SAK is in the car and I carry a nice little Buck folder clipped to my pocket. In the car are numerous knives, a Leatherman multitool, several flahlights and some basic tools and duct tape.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
jack: Let me put it this way, in the last couple of years there have been members who have written some disturbing messages based on my training and instinct. If they lived in my jurisdiction when I was a cop I would have had them tracked down and a file started to keep track of them in a threat file. Flay me if you wish but, that is what I was paid to do. Just sayin'.
Further, anyone can cut and paste a message they see as a threat to the President, for example. The message is forwarded to the USS and viola a file is started, the poster identified and tracked. Should the president, or a future president visit the poster's community that poster will receive particular scrutiny, a visit and possibly more attention. Sound far fetched? I did dignitary protection coordination between my agency and the Feds. I of what I speak.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I agree with Warren. With all the private data centers built in the last 5 yrs including two built on barges and out in international waters in the Pacific & Atlantic, everyone should start thinking about their personal information they put out on the internet & how it can be collected & used. But the decision is certainly yours to make on what you put out there.
On a more humorous side note I always get a kick out of guys who EDC all this tactical gear but can't be bothered to carry a few bucks cash. I see it every morning standing in line behind them, where someone pulls out a debit card to pay for their Red Bull & their donut! Who actually needs to get a monthly statement on exactly everything they buy? And you can be sure that statement is available to those who have a need to get it.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I just carry the Anton Chigurh air tool. It replaced all that tactical crap I used to carry.
vOsOCNv.jpg

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Carry my trusty Swiss Army Knife, the one with the corkscrew and punch, everywhere I go. I do not leave home without it.
I used to have a flashlight app on my smartphone until I saw a program the other day that said hackers can use the app to hack your phone. Jeez! Hackers are like lice!
On a long trip, my pipe bag has pipetool and extra knife, mega lite and other odds and ends, in addition to several bags of tobacco and pipe cleaners.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"Sound far fetched?"
No. I believe you live in a Constitutional carry jurisdiction where firearm anonymity can exist. Once I got a CCW permit, firearm anonymity is out. I also previously lived in a State that registered all firearms. What you describe is akin to SWATing and there is always the possibility that something bad can happen. I'm sure you know who Jerry Miculek is. He carries a J Frame in a pocket "holster." Or so he stated in an interview. I thought it was interesting to know what the "fastest" handgun shooter used for his EDC. It did not occur to me that he was a fool for so stating. I see your point, but I just don't want to live in fear.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Certainly, anyone guilty of sedition is an enemy of the state. But this thread is about non-firearm EDC.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I am curious to know what legal mechanism, if any, would be used to "track down" someone via their URL and have them dossiered based on "disturbing messages". Would any legal framework be involved, or does local law enforcement now have blanket authority to contact the ISP, demand the user's identity, and "keep track of them in a threat file"? I would not be surprised to find that there are no legal restrictions. Since I have had the temerity to express at least one opinion, on at least one occasion, since the time of my birth 42 years ago, I would be stunned to find out that I am not being tracked minute-by-minute by all available law enforcement resources, local, Federal, and possibly international.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
The first rule of EDC club is that you don't talk about EDC club.
Or so I've been told. After that tragic canoeing incident, all I carry is a whistle and a handkerchief.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
I was once told by another farmer that if dairy farmers carried a gun on them all the time they'd be out of business. Its very true. Some days it's the best thing ever, other days you have no patience. Hence the pipe at night.

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
Pepper spray. All day e'er day. It's saved my butt a few times and I didn't have to explain to anyone why I had to stab their dog or blow some dumb kid's face off. Never leave home without it (unless I'm going to the airport.)

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
I try to always have a working pen and a backup, and something to write on. I can't kill a rabid bear with it, but I can take down his license plates and note particulars about his appearance.
My memory.. she is no good to me no more.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
Besides the baccy, I always have a smaller 12" Rosary in my left pocket. Ya never know when you need a 50 round clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.