PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
For cutting circles in paper or styrene sheet (for my model railway projects) I use a 'compass cutter'. A simple adjustable plastic device with a pin to centre and a sharp knife blade. Basic plastic ones are a couple of $ in a craft store; I don't doubt there are more sophisticated and expensive models too.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
All I had to do was make a request and they magically appeared in my mailbox
That happens for me all the time with all kinds of stuff...but I haven't yet figured out how to make it happen without a credit card.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
:rofl: I will post it after dinner since I am off to my favorite Chinese for dinner jpmcwjr. Myself and John got about three of these letters. You would think we were behaving like J P Morgan and exploiting the masses. As they say no good deed goes unpunished!

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
My apologies to sherm...I wish I had access to a friend like that.
To everyone else thinking of doing round labels...my friendly advice still stands.

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Not sure why a business owner would negatively engage on social media with customers and potential customers. Protect you IP as you see fit that’s your right, there is no need for public social acceptance of your views. It serves NO positive purpose and COULD be negative. No big company would ever allow one of its executives to engage the way you have. I find the whole chest thumping affair as an amateur move .

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I'm no expert on the subject of IP and copyright stuff, but why would someone get a cease and desist letter for copying a product label and sticking it on a jar lid? The product isn't being misrepresented, the creation of tbe label and the posting of its image isn't profiting anyone, and the manufacturer isn't losing anything from it.

I could be wrong, of course. Anything's possible in a litigious society where people tried to sue the NFL because their team lost and it made them feel sad.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Dare66 - Nor had I seen them before this Christmas. I get them at the local supermarket and they come in a 4-pack. Find them with all the other Ball Jar supplies. Based on the density of a particular tabak, they hold more or less 2 Ounces of your favorite mixture. Only downside is, they do not stack; so you have to keep them flat, or, build a special rack to hold and display them in... but that's another thread, another friend, and another set of pictures for another day - Sherm Natman

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
people tried to sue the NFL because their team lost and it made them feel sad.
I would like to think that's a joke, but these days I can't doubt it...things really have gotten that terminally stupid.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Are yes Mr. Blackadderlxx. I am possession of a copy of your 'boycott letter' and perhaps we should publish it here on the site so that others can form an opinion on your personality and unique approach to property law! In the words of Shakespeare 'Me thinks you complain too much' since it seems the C&D letters rather did the trick. As we have said before if you had asked us nicely we would have happily worked with you!
Dude I have no idea what you're even talking about. Apparently you're assuming that the site was mine? But whatever. More professionalism from your company. You take care now.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
I will post it after dinner since I am off to my favorite Chinese for dinner jpmcwjr.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.