PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Sherm, looks really neat! :puffy:
BTW, the Ball jar company sells inexpensive replacement lids separately, so save the used lids for the next go-around of that blend in your rotation. Old lids, however, are susceptible to ghosting with some blends.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Jeez, I thought I was being fancy by using file label stickers instead of masking tape and writing on them with a green pen.
Actually, I would have had to get out of my chair to find a black pen. The green one was right there within arm's reach.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
“It would appear that many pipe smokers have indeed completely abandoned the KIS principle”
Just because something may be difficult or complicated for you does not mean it is not a simple task for others. I prefer my labels over sharpies, which takes a few minutes to print a dozen of them, but I would never say anything about a fellow smoker’s jar if they just had the blends scribbled on the lid. It would appear to me that many pipe smokers have indeed abandoned the keep it friendly and don’t judge others principle.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I too prefer my sharpie labels. I stack my jars vertically, so labels on lids would be a waste in my case. I do acknowledge they look cool and are functional for those who keep their jars in pigeon hole cabinets, though.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Actually, I would have had to get out of my chair to find a black pen. The green one was right there within arm's reach.
LOL sounds like me. I'm too lazy to even want to deal with jars at all...I only have a few of them. I primarily just store tins.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Great looking lids! I've done the same thing myself with printing out some labels and cutting them out with scissors, but it sounds like your friend has something better! I need to figure out how to cut a better circle, cause I'm not good enough with scissors or even a knife and it irks me.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Very nice.i lkike it.
Hopefully you don't get criticised for stealing and have a witch hunt calling for you to be sued.
Me too. Seems we just had another thread like this where folks went on about IP and integrity and resulted in C&D letters going out and folks on other platforms boycotting certain tobacco companies because of the aforementioned C&D letters.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
CarolinaChurchWarden] - That's actually how the offer to have them done for me came about; as I was griping about not being able to cut a perfect circle and unable to get the artwork perfectly centered; as all my attempts ended up wonky-looking, off-center, aggravating my OCD and driving my crazy, etc, etc... anyway my artist friend told me about that great printer/plot-cutter she has, and just told me to send her my list... and the next thing I knew, viola', THIS was waiting in my mailbox...

label_04_300pix.jpg

One more Eye-Candy shot for those who appreciate such things:

label_06_300pix.jpg

Good Friends and Good Tabak... go great together - Sherm Natman

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Very nice looking labels!

There's something satisfying about a job done right. Now, I don't go to such ends to do my jar labels, but I certainly appreciate it when others do.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Just because something may be difficult or complicated for you does not mean it is not a simple task for others.
milehigh, my statement was in response to having the labels mailed, cut on a specialized machine and returned by mail.
I personally am not affected one way or another whether you print labels, use a sharpie or scrawl with crayon. All I said was, why complicate the cutting when you have, IMO, a method that's simpler, faster and cheaper. I would say if anything, I was giving very friendly advice.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Are yes Mr. Blackadderlxx. I am possession of a copy of your 'boycott letter' and perhaps we should publish it here on the site so that others can form an opinion on your personality and unique approach to property law! In the words of Shakespeare 'Me thinks you complain too much' since it seems the C&D letters rather did the trick. As we have said before if you had asked us nicely we would have happily worked with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.