PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yum, yum, and also yum. I loved cheeseburgers when I was five years old, and I still do. And bacon. And if I can't have the cheeseburger, I'll take the bacon with peanut butter and jam on toast. Chomp, chomp.

There were some negatives being a skinny kid, but no one ever asked me to back away from the table, and that has always suited me just fine.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I’ve never done bacon on a grill. Is it much better than in a cast iron or pan? And how do you stop the grease from flaring up?
Grilled bacon is a close second to smoked bacon and both beat pan fried by a long ways.

You have to keep the flame low and continously move the bacon to avoid flare ups. Keep a spray bottle with water near by until you get used to grilling bacon.

Just a little off topic.

I wonder how many cheeseburgers were consumed yesterday in memory of Jimmy Buffett.
The guy at the ABC store told me they had sold out of several brands of tequila last night from people making margaritas in honor of Jimmy. Of course he also told me that his dad had gone to school with Jimmy. I didn’t realize that he was a local boy.

Reactions: Egg Shen and JOHN72