PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
I was wondering if my accounts avatar is showing up for others? it is supposed to be a an tribute HP Lovecraft, but for me it doesn't show up.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I see a squidish looking thing, or maybe a hipster beard thing, if that helps ;)

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Ah the cult of Cthulhu, do you think the outer god Nyarlathotep would ever smoke a pipe, I think not, perhaps the chaps at Miskatonic University might be up for a puff?
Love Lovecraft, most of his short stories are connected to the Cthulhu Mythos if you read the hidden innuendos.

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
He is by far my favorite author, I actually am currently reading "The Necronomicon" a collection of his short stories.

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
I have an anthology of his stories, ''The Necronomicon'' written by the ''Mad Arab'' pops up in a lot of his stories, to think he wrote about aliens from distant galaxies in the early 1920/30 boggles ones mind.

mihailo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2016
NW Indiana
He was a masterful writer, and truly brought his stories to life. I do believe outer god Nyarlathotep would smoke a pipe, and it is amusingly coincident that I happen to be smoking Cult BRM, while reading his works.

datascalabash

Lurker
Aug 6, 2009
That avatar's VERY reminiscent of one "Pirates" character...
Data's Calabash here - Mihailo, even through you're stating that H.P. Lovecraft is your avatar's inspiration, there IS a character portrayed by a British actor in Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie franchise that DOES possess a very similar looking FACE, at the very least...
...and in one of those films, this same character even shows himself to be a pipeguy as well!
My avatar is from Star Trek: The Next Generation's early run episode "Lonely Among Us", which featured the android Lt. Cdr. Data enjoying what else, but a calabash...hence my handle and avatar's appearance!
Yours Sincerely,
Data's Calabash

fafnir

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
Yes your right that darn flying dutchman did have tentacles harr...

Status
Not open for further replies.