PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Peterson Sunset Breeze is a great aro

Right now I'm trying out Mac Baren 7 Seas Black & Red, both are great aros too.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I've got some CAO Moontrance on the way, and some MacBarens Vanilla Cream Flake ordered too. Oh, and did I forget, I finally get to try Autumn Evening?!? I'm so pumped about this, after reading all of the good reviews I can't wait. P&C is currently out of stock on it btw, so I ordered some today from smokingpipes.com for the same price.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Any of the Boswell aros are superb. My personal fave is the Chocolate cream. Over loading with chocolaty goodness.
The Autumn Evening is great as well, but I find they pack it very dry, so youd need to reintroduce moisture to it before smoking.
MacB Vanilla cream flake is also very good, ot too much vanilla flavour.
MacB 7 seas is a very good blend too, I'm working on the Regular blend right now and it's great, can't wait to try all the others i have stored!

kodos44

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2012
Wow ..... Thank's a lot guys. Lately I've been dipping into the aromatic side of the pipe. My list of things to try/order just skyrocketed....
Back on topic, I've been thoroughly enjoying Rattray's Bagpipers Dream lately. It's really top notch tobacco but that damn cognac flavoring is just tasty as @#$#! I don't drink cognac but let me just say I never thought I'd enjoy smoking it but here we are :)
Scott

chawz

Lurker
May 29, 2011
Alaska
I keep seeing MacBaren Vanilla cream here, I havn't tried it yet but I see its available in flake cut or loose cut, which do you guys prefer or recommend,?

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
the loose cut, I find, is easier to deal with. It has slightly less flavour, but barely noticeable.
Sometimes i find flake to be a pain to deal with sometimes. Especially if youre in your car, you have to find something to rub it out on, uness you fold and stuff, but thats never worked for me.
I've had both, and while i find the flake better, the loose is more convenient for me.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
When i open a new tin of flake i cube cut the whole thing and plonk it back into the tin. Makes for quick drying and only takes a few minutes.

Handy for when you are on the move.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Yea I cubed mine too. I let it set down for about ten minutes or so, char it, light it. And it stays lit very well. Maybe one relight per bowl. I really really really like the Vanilla Cream Flake.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Macbarens 7 seas Black is a great aromatic. It actually tastes very close to the way it smells. Great smoke.

mkvillaire

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2012
Vanilla Cream Flake sounds like a winner. That is going on my list. Anyone ever rub it out?

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
I've had really good experiences with the Larsen Special Edition Tins of 2010 and 2011. I'm hoping the 2012 is just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.