Are You Going to Buy Carolina Red Flake Tomorrow?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I grabbed a few tins. In the past year I have found C&D Virginias to be better than I remembered, or maybe they've improved in quality, I don't know. Either way, I'm a sucker for red Virginia.

Reactions: Elric and oldtoby

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
As to the OP, hell yes I am...!

This is fine VA from 2015, and this will be the end of it, as the stock pile has run out.

I have tins from previous years, so everything I get this year will be cellared.

As for the mold, It’s been exceedingly rare that I’ve had that issue. There some reports of it in 2016, and they recalled all of it. Not because it was all moldy, but just as a customer service gesture. I have 5 tins left from 2016 left, none of the ones I opened prior had any mold.

Mold can occur in any manufacturers tobacco. It begins when it is processed at the farm.

I hear a lot about “The Cornell and Diehl Mold” on the Interwebs.

Like there’s actually a mold strain named Cornell and Diehl...

Yes, it does happen occasionally. I’ve had two tins with mold in the 30 years I’ve been smoking a pipe. And there has never been issue getting the offending tin replaced. Cornell and Diehl has a good track record there.

Reactions: rmpeeps and oldtoby

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Reached out to SP’s yesterday. The only other blend using this leaf was Speakeasy. 70% of that blend had it.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Well that's good at least we know who to hit up for a spare bowl, when the rest of us run out!!
I think it is the best Red Virginia out there right now. Plus future trading for what I may want and the Christmas exchange is coming up! I was weong on the sell out day, I said Friday. It is still up in several places..

Reactions: SpookedPiper

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I think it is the best Red Virginia out there right now. Plus future trading for what I may want and the Christmas exchange is coming up! I was weong on the sell out day, I said Friday. It is still up in several places..
Nice, I like the Christmas white elephant exchange as well.....not sure what my 2.5 tins will get me but sounds fun!

Reactions: vates and 3rdguy
Oct 15, 2019
SP, COJ, 4Noggins are out

TP and Pipe & Leaf still show as in stock

I assume that when a limited release is done, there's only one stab at it, so when a retailer is out they are out for good? Or will they restock?

Status
Not open for further replies.