PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
well the game itself was worth 60. DLC takes work and they only care about your additional enjoyment as far as they can make money off it. Which is 100% understandable. No reason to make more stuff if you can't make more money. I hope the DLC keeps coming for years. I have my debit card ready.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Skyrim does have multiplayer! Well, sort of. It's an unofficial mod and said to be pretty rough - other players are almost naked and clunky, but Bethesda has announced an official multiplayer DLC next year. Not sure if the unofficial mod works on a LAN though...
What I'm envisioning is D&D taken to the next level ... Dungeon Masters making their own adventures to take a few friends on... Wouldn't that be something.
@dervis - I hear you, believe me. But I'm not talking about MASSIVELY multiplayer, I'm talking about small groups.
Besides Elder Scrolls Online is already in the works

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Elder Scrolls always has been my favourite Offline RPG series. Loved Elder Scrolls 2 where you could create your own spells. So yes, for quite a while when Skyrim came out I was "FUS RO DAH" when I wasn't "PUFF ON PIPE".

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Hey fearly, there's no need to shout! Hee hee. Which is your favorite? I'd have to go Skyrim, then Morrowind, then Oblivion, but I never did the first two.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I only liked Oblivion after I installed a mod that made the dungeons static. I, like many others, hated the feature where every time I gained a level the monsters also gained a level, so what was the point in leveling? I also hated the Oblivion Gates, because I was always lost.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@fearly ES2 being Daggerfall, right? Liked it better than Skyrim, eh? Was that a product of the time in your life, or do you believe it has more merits than Skyrim?

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I like the Morrowind world... it's so vast and creative... I also appreciate how epic cities like Vivec are... Vivec is larger than all of Skyrim's major cities put together...
Skyrim's playability and menus are much more engaging and addictive.
Oblivion just doesn't really do it for me... It's a very good game, but something is missing in it for me... I will probably pick it back up and give it another go...

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
If I had one wish for Skyrim, I would love to see more animosity with the Daedra and Thalmor... The Daedric quests are terrific... and the Thalmor are incredible bas*ards...

I could go on slaughtering them endlessly.
The vampire werewolves aspect is pretty significant... and I would have liked to see other areas expanded as much...
I also wish that I could find more formidable giants to battle with. Once you level up, they die to easily. Giants are another one of the coolest aspects of the game.
Guess you can't have it all... great game anyways...

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@lasttango Agreed, giants herding mammoths and being peaceful unless you attack 'em was someone's great idea. You probably know that the ability for giants to launch you into the stratosphere was originally a bug, but Bethesda thought it so cool they decided to keep it, like what you can do after putting a basket over someone's head.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
@Mike First off, I'm sorry for using my damn last name as my handle. Should have used Taffy or something. Which expansion pack? I'm guessing Dawnguard? Awesome, ain't it?

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
I love it when the giants smack you to the moon... sneaking around giants was one of the coolest parts of the game...
glad they fixed the bug so you could marry Lydia too... though Alea the huntress was a better wife imo

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Unfortunately, I married the girl in Riften, in the house by the lake where you burn the bees, before they fixed the Lydia marriage bug. Kept her alive the whole game, until I started Dawnguard and got the vampire magic user chick who's essential and can't be killed. My buddy lost Lydia and had to get a new companion, so I'd always end my Skyrim emails to him with, Lydia says hi, just to annoy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.