PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a fine collection from a certain time and place. As you likely already know, with small chambers, tobacco in flake, coin, plug, or rope will often give a full length smoke, thirty or forty or more minutes. I very much like those panel versions, and the prince-like shapes.

Reactions: chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
What a fine collection from a certain time and place. As you likely already know, with small chambers, tobacco in flake, coin, plug, or rope will often give a full length smoke, thirty or forty or more minutes. I very much like those panel versions, and the prince-like shapes.
Thank-you. As you will see as this thread progresses, I got a bit carried away with buying [I was fairly new to the internet, especially ebay, so it was quite novel. And waking to a parcel from O/S at my door was always a nice surprise.

Yes the bowls are typically small compared to more modern pipes.
Plug and rope are way too strong for me but they are great flake and coin pipes. I imagine that they'd be even better for plug and rope blends.
I've got quite a few blends in small quantity. The smaller bowls are an excellent way of making them go a lot further.

A lot of my collection are unsmoked but the ones in my rotation, like the above Dobbelmann for example, are all very good smokers.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Here's something a bit different.
The NOS was from a 100+yo German tobacconist so had old stock that was more than 100yo.
Some of the pipes were going so cheap that I bid on them thinking that some of them deserve to be in a museum.

Like this 1920s Early System Pipe for e.g.
a1bf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.