PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Speaking for myself, I appreciate when G&H comes on here and clarifes information or misconceptions. It’s far better than the alternative. I am not sure how that counts as instigating. When posters make statements about a company and the company provides information to clarify, and the posters buck at what is presented, readers can decide for themselves who to believe. But if the company has no presence, then what are we to think? And if the company, after centuries of business, comes across as a know it all or stuffy, well so be it. Any poster here who can last a few centuries is entitled to do the same.

Last edited:

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
You are putting words in my mouth in an ever-so-sneaky implicit way.

The REASON GH&Co has chosen to produce tobacco products in a world that has become hostile toward tobacco doesn't matter to me.

Of course they are trying to make money.

As for the only thing that will cause them to lose heart is not making money, I don't see how having their methods and reputation regularly trashed on the Internet by a group of passionate hobbiests---a group that pipesmoking newcomers come to for guidance---could possibly help.

MANY more people read forums like this one than post to them.
Some entities hold the view that there is no such thing as "bad" publicity, only publicity. And they'll use that to their benefit.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
@georged : If you noticed in the Op-Ed I stated this is not a 'Bash Gawith thread' but a simple comment that perhaps they need to look into the odd rogue batch escaping. The fact I continue to buy their products should indicate that I am just a little bemused as opposed to upset!
posts are like children you can't control them once you set them out into the world. Sometimes you just have to wait for the moderators or police to lock them up. :)

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
You are putting words in my mouth in an ever-so-sneaky implicit way.

The REASON GH&Co has chosen to produce tobacco products in a world that has become hostile toward tobacco doesn't matter to me.

Of course they are trying to make money.

As for the only thing that will cause them to lose heart is not making money, I don't see how having their methods and reputation regularly trashed on the Internet by a group of passionate hobbiests---a group that pipesmoking newcomers come to for guidance---could possibly help.

MANY more people read forums like this one than post to them.
from what I have heard they also make a product that hasn't been successful repeated by anyone else. And part of it is that they use antiquated techniques. One thing I have noticed is modern often means consistent at the cost of character or convenient at the cost of quality (disposable razors, compared to a wet shave is good example).
My guess is issues like this are a by product of the same thing that makes their tobaccos unlike the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.