PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I just cut a piece of a Gawith plug to prepare for the day when I was confronted with this sight. I once had a friend with stomach issues who kept a photo album of polaroid pictures of his greatest 'foot longs' to show his doctor and thought of the shots of unprocessed salad when I saw this mess up of a plug. I swear plugs are meant to be layers of whole threshed leaf that are pressed and then steamed together under pressure. I guess something must have gone a bit pear shaped with this one as it looks like a Waasa cracker and wilted salad sandwich. Anyone else experienced this? This is not another bash Gawith thread but a simple consumer inquiry.

thumbnail-3.jpeg

Ive-never-seen-anything-like-it GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@RustiePyles CPG : It was sort of interesting. I am used to slicing my plugs and then 'Stuff and Folding' them or rubbing them out. This new 'Jaffa Cake' approach to plugs has certainly expanded my world. You get to slice the bottom part and then cut up the loose leaves with a pair of nail scissors. I am thinking of naming this the 'Adjusto-Plug' since you can moderate the different components depending on your taste. Frankly why they have thought of this before over the last 100 years is beyond me!rotf

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
@RustiePyles CPG : It was sort of interesting. I am used to slicing my plugs and then 'Stuff and Folding' them or rubbing them out. This new 'Jaffa Cake' approach to plugs has certainly expanded my world. You get to slice the bottom part and then cut up the loose leaves with a pair of nail scissors. I am thinking of naming this the 'Adjusto-Plug' since you can moderate the different components depending on your taste. Frankly why they have thought of this before over the last 100 years is beyond me!rotf
Finally! A breakthrough in tobacco plug technology! What will modern science come up with next?

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I just cut a piece of a Gawith plug to prepare for the day when I was confronted with this sight. I once had a friend with stomach issues who kept a photo album of polaroid pictures of his greatest 'foot longs' to show his doctor and thought of the shots of unprocessed salad when I saw this mess up of a plug. I swear plugs are meant to be layers of whole threshed leaf that are pressed and then steamed together under pressure. I guess something must have gone a bit pear shaped with this one as it looks like a Waasa cracker and wilted salad sandwich. Anyone else experienced this? This is not another bash Gawith thread but a simple consumer inquiry.

View attachment 284018
No offense but it looks like the packaging department of GH stole half your plug & left you with the other half + having taken a dump 💩 on it….I’d still smoke it though… I mean what the hell? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣👍☕

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Said it before and I'll say it again.

Why a group of people who---by definition because we're here---care the MOST about pipes and tobacco, do their best at every opportunity to demoralize and discourage a company that chose to slog its way through the insane swamp that dealing with producing and selling tobacco internationally has become, rather than surrender and close their doors, is one of the most confusing things I've ever seen in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.