PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I used to work at a bar where we had three topics that we were not allowed to discuss. Politics, religion, and other guys' wives. We've only covered politics here. Let's move on, shall we?

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
After living with my wife for 44 years, I'm not interested in other guy's problems.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
giphy.gif

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since this thread is still around, let me preach one more time for encouraging your children, grandchildren, and next door neighbor to read and re-read history, to avoid speculating that Athen was defeated by Sparta for their failure to synchronize their quartz watches, or whatever silliness lack of historical sense perpetrates. Sure historians have their points of view, so read various ones. But don't let your kids and those you mentor go around not remembering which came first, the Korean War or the Civil War. Some haven't heard of either one and wouldn't know what you're talking about. In the U.S. read the U.S. Constitution and Federalist Papers every few years, and do what you can to see that we live up to those.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
I picked a hell of a day to stop sniffing glue.
Luckily, it seems that some of you are still going strong.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"We've once again proven why... EXACTLY why political posts aren't allowed on the forum. Because this is the kind of BS that happens every... single... time... without fail."
I said it earlier and I'll say it again now, I sincerely apologise for my original post. I know the rules and yet I broke them. I'll take anything coming my way if that is what the mods wish to do.
No way did I think it would take this route but on reflection I suppose it was inevitable.
Sorry chaps!
Regards,
Jay.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Jay, absolutely no need to apologize. It was a silly mistake and your post made me laugh. We should always take responsibility for our own lapses in good humor, but be very careful in accepting the blame for other’s poor reactions. You didn’t force anybody to act a fool.
And I needed a larf. Carry on carrying on.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's been interesting. No one's been ejected from Forums. However, it's true, we don't want to lose one of the salient features of Forums, a sort of orderliness that sometimes rises to downright civility. This is an oasis online, and I'm all for keeping it that way. I will vent my demons elsewhere, or if I'm wise, not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.