PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
All the political B.S. north and south of the border and across the pond is so very tiresome to me.....
The man in your Avatar was quite keen on "political B.S." Well, the man the actor in your Avatar is playing anyway. Unfortunately he decided to leave this planet too soon. At least too soon for his fans like me (clearly not for himself). Can you imagine the writing he would be producing in today's political climate? I think I would die laughing....

Jan 8, 2013
How can someone post the original post in this thread and not expect it be political, considering the meaning of the original post? Just wondering.....

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
OK, someone misread part of a speech on a telepromter, or no one carefully proofread the speech, is that the issue? And it gets blown up into some big deal? Is that what our UK freind is on about?
:|

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
giphy.gif

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not related to this incident in particular, but this is a lesson in public speaking. When you are using a text on the page, teleprompter, or even just generally memorized, you still have to listen to yourself. You're talking, the page or prompter isn't. So listen up, and if something foolish comes out, rephrase. This is also true speaking impromptu. Endeavor to have what you say be what you mean.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Well, to cut through the bullshit, the OP was a blatantly political poke at Donald Trump, and the whole “no names” nonsense is offensively disingenuous at best. So, since political threads seem to be allowed, let me say that having a President with balls, who actually represents the interests of the majority of his electorate is a most refreshing change, and it’s understood that any and all gaffes are to pounced on.

Carry on, Europe, you’re doing a wicked good job, we’ll be over (eventually) to save your asses again.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The thing about Trump is, no matter what negatives there may be about him, the vast array of (mostly) loathsome, putrid scum (in both the media and the government) that have arrayed themselves against him, continue to make him look good by comparison.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
We’re not multiplying, kid, we’ve been here. A couple of posts that are contrary to your beliefs shouldn’t panic you.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
contrary to my beliefs? I have made no statements regarding beliefs, kid. Other than that I believe erudite public speaking is not his strong suit. For all you know I may agree with your statements. But I have chosen not to divulge that information, because....
....I do believe we should keep the forum free of politics, so I guess you are right, your statements are contrary to my beliefs. If you want to, go ahead, I'm not the boss.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
OK, someone misread part of a speech on a telepromter, or no one carefully proofread the speech, is that the issue? And it gets blown up into some big deal?

True. Lotsa politicians make bloopers on speeches. Oblahma made quite a few, but of course the media who worshipped him downplayed them.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
If you want to act like a mod, don’t hopefully smell one coming, just PM one.

Status
Not open for further replies.