20141124_194040-600x450.jpg

20141124_194048-600x450.jpg

20141124_194106-600x450.jpg

20141124_194142-600x450.jpg

Thanks everyone!

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Just caught up with this as I was working in Paris until yesterday and am reading the backlog of interesting threads. What a great night! Cast of...a lot...and the lunatic fringe in Simon and Dan. After my last call with Simon just the thought of Son of Warhorse makes me sweat, but I know I will have to try it. Gulp. How did folk find the Yachtsman Plug? I fancy a bit of that but get sidetracked whenever I go to order some. That and Mick McQuaid. All the best guys. Andy

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
For those of you that arrived too late for my underwater ballet, I apologize, but you'll now have to wait until Spring for the next performance. Besides the problem with keeping my pipe lit underwater, it's getting just a wee bit too nippley outside, as I overheard our waitress giggling "Shrinkage" when I got out of the tank. I used to being the laughing stock, but humiliation isn't my cup of tea.
Otherwise, it was a great meeting. Sparks, I'm glad we finally finally crossed paths. Your briar creations are beautiful, and I hope to own one someday. John, thank you for running the swag warehouse. Russ, thanks for moving quickly to get an initial Warhorse sample out the door. And thank you to everyone for your valuable input on the blend. I can assure you that your insights will be reflected in the final product, even if we will need to include an antidote in the tin.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Yes indeed a great night. New faces old faces. Still a pleasure Our host always gracious.

Beat me to it Fred,I was too tired last night but here's the pics I took:
018_zps04d9ba86.jpg

017_zps3a094beb.jpg

016_zps6c46c245.jpg

014_zpsf2619628.jpg

012_zps5e2da874.jpg

I don't attend just any pipe smokers meeting, but when I do, I always attend The Lehigh Valley Groups meeting:
013_zpsfffffb4a.jpg

011_zpsec763c83.jpg

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

alphaflux

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
United States
Andy,
I enjoyed the Yachtsman Plug.
At first, I felt it was somewhat bland but the flavor build up to a sweet and pleasant smoke less than halfway through the bowl.
I'm planning on buying some, along with Warrior and Velvan plugs. I have yet to try McQuaid’s plug… Perhaps next meeting. :D
Btw, thank you for the SG Full Virginia it was exquisite!
Cheers!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Ho-Ho-Ho, it's time for the last LVPC meeting of 2014 this Monday, 12/22 at The Wooden Match. For those who can make it we have some tasty treats in store. Sutliff kindly sent a supply of Archduke Ferdinand and MacBaren Modern Virginia, I have a tin of C&D's We Three Kings and a 15 year old unopened tin of McClelland's Mixture #6. In addition we received a very special Christmas gift from an esteemed member of this forum.

If you can make it we'll toast to a Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukkah and ring in the New Year a bit early.

Hope to see everyone there.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You know what? I make this meeting on the 22nd! I'm in Newburgh NY until 4 PM, it looks like a 2 hour drive, so you should see me around 6-6:30. Thanks for the reminder, I had a room in lonely Whippany NY. Bethlehem ho!

wfornosjr

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
Damn!!!! I have an after school sports trip to do. I'm hoping that I will be able to swing by for a few minutes after it. There's times work really gets in the way of life. I was so looking forward to the meeting, I do enjoy these gatherings so much. In the event I don't make it I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a joyous new year.

wfornosjr

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
I tried to get the one coach to stop at CI for a educational experience and after a bit of a discussion we both decided we needed to keep our jobs for now.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Guys I will be smoking a few bowls with you in spirit tomorrow night. My wife doesn't know it but I plan to bring her over in the Spring as a surprise break - once John gets back from warmer climes and to collect a Devil Anse from Dan in person. Happy Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year to you all!
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.