PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Simon, the closest hotel near the Wooden Match is The Hotel Bethlehem. http://www.reservationcounter.com/hotels/show/176750/hotel-bethlehem-a-historic-hotel-of-america/?TID=lZTLxwrF_dc|pcrid|6161029071&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=+hotel%20+bethlehem%20+bethlehem&utm_campaign=Hotel%20Chain%20H&mm_campaign=61e23501c3a7666376c173fa44c75e69&keyword=+hotel%20+bethlehem%20+bethlehem&hotelid=176750
Another option is the Hampton Inn which is 5 minutes from my house. I could pick you up there and save you from getting lost.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/pennsylvania/hampton-inn-and-suites-bethlehem-BLMPAHX/index.html
PM me if you'd like me to collect you at the Hampton.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
John, we excel at BS. It truly is our strength. I'm looking forward to meeting the mythical condorlover1 and extending my condolences on the closing of Condor's source.
Dave

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
This meeting will be very interesting. In addition to the regulars we will have people from 3 state, 2 pipe makers, an upstart tobacco company (El Crappo Tobacco) and a Master Blender if Russ attends. Lots of Plugs to sample and, of course, the monthly Sutliff offering. Can't ask for much more.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
yo pap - I think DECigar is coming too, so that makes it 4 states. Now if we get riff raff to come, that will be 5. I also think Dion is coming, so that would be a 3rd carver. At the rate this LVPC is going, you might catch up with Morley's.
hp

les

mrjalvofrompa

Lurker
Apr 29, 2013
Has anyone though to check with the Wooden Match to see what their capacity is? I'm worried that the fire marshal may shut us down for having too many people in the building. Now I'm making no promises, because these people have threatened to come along before, but I have two potential more attendees. Sounds like a meeting no one should miss.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well I figured out how the bus service works and I shall book the hotel in the morning. Do I need a passport to get to this place or a different currency?

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
woodsroad, we have arranged performance space for you out on the veranda. Seeing how much the locals support music & the arts you should garner quite the audience. Meanwhile, back in the bowels of the Wooden Match......
:puffpipe:
sparks, I saw you post on another thread you have not tried Three Blind Moose. Yes, it is an aromatic. I just rec'd 4 oz. from 4noggins so I'll bring it along for your sampling pleasure.
Dave

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Man, what a night. I'm hoping Dan Chlebove will post pictures of the group. There were about 15 of us at the Wooden Match. All the usual guys plus condolover (Simon), Russ O., sparks, decigar and deione (sic). We smoked the plugs I got from James Fox of Dublin, some new things from Russ and we did a beta test of the fabled War Horse Plug being developed by woodsroad and condorlover under their El Crappo Tobacco Co. name.

From the looks of things there will be some very exciting news on the pipe blend scene in early 2015.

Thanks to all for making this the best meeting we've had to date.

It's always a pleasure seeing this group enjoying each other's company.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Definitely a good time! Myles, don't worry about the underwater ballet. It was overrated. :roll: Hope to see some pix soon.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.