PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfscout

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2010
Newberry, SC
When ever I can throughout the day, and often when I can't sleep at night.

Couple shots of whiskey and a pipe -- sleep like a baby. :puffy:

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I had a business trip recently to Chicago, a trip that I normally would have took on a commercial airline but this time thanks to decent weather I chose to drive and wow what a great trip. No airport traffic, airport parking, flight delays, or security BS. Six hours in my car with coffee some good music and my pipes, two of which I packed in advance.
Three day trip to Chicago… airfare, Rental car, and parking $520. Six hours alone with your thoughts and a good pipe… priceless!!! :puffy:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
JC, since my Chicagoland commute is a minimum of 45 minutes each way, I have a slightly different view of six hours alone. My worst commute was six hours home in a blizzard a couple years ago. I was not smoking then, but certainly would have needed something to relax.
Winton

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
i smoke whenever i want. the warden just kinda sighs when i pack a bowl and light up...
some days i have a pipe in my mouth all days and some i don't even pick one up, it's what ever i feel like.

sid1

Lurker
Mar 27, 2011
I start everyday with a pipe and coffee. Certainly I brush my teeth first to prepare a fresh mouth for the tobacco. I do have priorities.

titanicexplorer

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2011
A rough and stressful day at work- Once I got home I lit my pipe-a bowl later I felt much better. Perhps my day was so crappy beacuse I didn't smoke my pipe this morning..

panheadjack

Lurker
Mar 31, 2011
I'm with Hobie. I too work construction and the time I have to myself (early) AM is best with good coffee and a pipe. I'm a Superintendent and need calm before the storm.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I agree, it is the best part of the day to start off with a mug full of coffee and pipeful of good tobacco.

pauls

Lurker
Mar 22, 2011
Pipe and coffee on my way to work, the best way to start my day, then I smoke several more bowls throughout the day.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Pipe day is every day. Start with morning coffee, continue during the afternoon and early evening and always just before hitting the sack. Five bowls each day keeps my mind contemplative and crisp, my jaw muscles pit bull strong, my body comfortable and my moods happy. Throw a bud or Johnnie into the mix and the pleasure meter gets ass kicked up to a higher level. I'm a clencher. Once the pipe is inserted between teeth nothing interrupts my activity. I can carry on a full conversation at the same time. Several people have said I must be a ventriloquist. I'm waiting for someone to ask "Where's the dummy?" because I have my answer well prepared.

titanicexplorer

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2011
I guess a pipe is part of a complete breakfast- I've added my pipe to my daily coffee, eggs and toast- and I feel great the rest of the morning.

:)

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
After supper, a walk, a sunset, and a good pipe!
The best part of the day....

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I'm not a morning person at all, so I mostly enjoy my pipes and cigars in the afternoon or late evening after work. However, I do enjoy on many occasions a nice cup of coffee and a pipe/cigar in the morning after getting my kids off to school. I do really enjoy a pipe paired with coffee. Its a great way to start the day.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
The 1965 edition of "Weber's Guide to Pipes and Pipe Smoking" contains this unattributed bit of pipe poetry which seems, given the topic of this thread, to be appropriate:
A pipe at nine

Is always fine.

A puff at noon

Is none too soon.

A pipe at three

The thing for me.

A pipe at seven

An aroma to heaven.

A pipe at nine

Is half divine.

A pipe before slumber

Makes just the right number.
Good Luck, and Good Smoking!

clarkj734

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2014
This is my favorite time of the day. I get up early to relax and enjoy some "me" time before work. Strong coffee, good tobacco and whatever I'm reading at the moment. It's the best way to start the day...and since I started this morning ritual I can honestly say that I'm in a more peaceful and serene mood all day. It also tends to be my favorite smoke of the day.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I usually smoke after work. But on my days off, I find myself having a bowl with my morning coffee and then whenever I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.