PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
I actually contributed to these guys' campaign to make this film and I never even got a response (no thank you, no acknowledgment, no email, nothing) and that was after several attempts at contacting them and even offering some of my leather goods to auction off on the forums so as to get the word out and generate more money for them. I don't know what happened, really, but it's a shame because the preview trailer looked really interesting. Too bad.

Jul 15, 2011
I just went back and watched the trailer for this again, and the fact that this film may never see the light of day just breaks my heart. It was such a cool concept and I really liked the way that it was done. If I had the resources and the know how to do something like this I would love to try and make a documentary like this.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have friends that have gone from start to finish on getting a project like this done. They did just about everything possible to make this not happen. I hope one gets made, I'd love to make one, even if a script was perfect, the people needed to make this would never touch a smoking documentary. Only way a project like this would ever get made is with upfront investors. The shame is that with today’s technology, it could be finished for fewer than 25K. Plus would actually be one that had a chance of return on investment.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I got a hold of the man behind this project, Chad Terpstra, and he said:
"I just posted an update on the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/FatherTheFlame
We're working on a short film from the footage we got at Lee's place up north. Also creating a treatment and working on our plan of attack for the feature version. Lots of work to do so we're just taking it one step at a time. We are also going to be at the Chicagoland pipe show this May. Will we see you there? "
Looks like I am going to Chicago.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I cannot wait for this film.
And this thread is how I came to be a contributor to Dapperism.
A double hit for me.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
The shame is that with today’s technology, it could be finished for fewer than 25K. Plus would actually be one that had a chance of return on investment.
+1
I agree that it could be done for 25k (if the filmakers forgo any salary), but call me a pessimist, I am not sure if they would be able to get this aired or even shown in small boutique theaters. The topic of tobacco is taboo, so it might never see the light of day.
I know I would watch it and enjoy it, but not sure if the general public would.

Status
Not open for further replies.