PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Thank you so much for the head's up. It looks to be wonderful.
I'm kicking in a few $$.

Jul 15, 2011
I watched this again today before work. Am I the only one that was glad to see that Calabashes got some love towards the end of the trailer?

dapperg

Lurker
Jul 27, 2012
United States
Hell yeah! I contributed $25 and will be throwing down some more here soon. BTW Pipe Novelist, great share and thanks for turning me onto this site! A bunch of great dudes on here!

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
I can't wait for this documentary to be complete and ready for everyone to see!

chuckienorton

Lurker
Feb 6, 2013
This doc looks so interesting! I'm very bummed it wasn't funded. Hopefully they can rally & still make it happen!

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
There's a lot of idealistic indy filmmakers who eschew commercial support, thinking it's something of a "sell out."
what an odd thought (not by you Roth, by the film makers). How do they suppose sets get built, equipment gets purchased, people earn a living to put food on their tables? If money is so evil and corrosive, they could always give it away, burn it or fund other like minded indie film makers.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I wonder why they didn't use Kickstarter instead. Has much more exposure, and success. $75K is way to much to ask for, $15K would do it, you're telling people right off the bat it's not going to raise the money. The prize tree is wrong, again research would have helped here. I know many people that have gone through the Kickstarter process, and some research should have been done on how to get the movie made. They did a great job on a promo video, but lacked scenes of hobby makers, and the all important sit down talk at the end. Tried to hard to make the promo a movie and not a request for funds.

Just thoughts and things I know others have gone through.
Oh, grats on the gig!
Craig

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Not gonna happen, according to their project website:
$1,180 Raised of $75,000 Goal

0 days left
They were not able to fund the movie.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
We need to find out what the actual status of this project is and if it is possible to get it moving. I would thing if we could get this site, Pipes & Tobaccos magazine, and the UPCA talking about this some real money could be raised. I am going to email these guys and see what is cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.