PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Hey Kevin,
Would you consider getting your site designer guy to add a new feature to the forums?
With all these threads going at once, it would be nice if it were optional to change the number of "recently posted threads" on the main forum page.
Right now, 35 of the most recently posted on threads list.
Can't imagine it would be difficult to make that customizable.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Would be a nice touch. If I havent checked the new posts in a day or two, it usually runs off the end. I'm too lazy to go through every forum to find new posts, so I just miss anything past 35.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Agreed or even if its just the posts in the last 48 hours showing. With all the new very active members a post I throw up at 8 am is not viewable after 12pm.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I agree that it would be nice to have more. If it was customizable that would be impressive.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
yeah I can't deny the lazy factor, and if it ends up not being worth the trouble, then so be it. would be nice, though, and can't hurt to ask

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Ya know, what would be cooler. If there was an Android or iPhone app for this web site and forum. That way, if you cant get to a PC, you can check you phone. Not trying to hijack your thread zanthal, just occurred to me when I saw your OP.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Would you consider getting your site designer guy to add a new feature to the forums?

A-HAhahahahahahahahahaha! Who do you think the site designer is?
Not sure if that's something the software can do, but I'm for it.
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Sorry romanza. I was referring to zanthal's request. Your request is also a great one but I don't know how the site functions on anything other than on a computer, so I'll defer to Kevin on that one.
-Jason

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
@romanza10 - nope, you cannot hijack my thread! :nana: but seriously that subject has come up at least three times now, I get on here via my smartphone once or twice a day usually, and there's an incredibly annoying problem of selecting threads ...
you can select the thread you want, and it'll pull up instead one above it or below it, or a totally random one. it happens a lot, and I've been requesting a mobile version of site/forums be made, or even better an android app.
that's a taller order though and I don't really expect it to happen anytime soon.
and haha lordnoble, you're the man behind the curtain then!
I'm no pro but I've done some forums work too, and I figure the PHP code can be edited to do it. But that would change the listing for everyone on the site. making it customizable, that will take some coding unless it's already a feature that has been disabled.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's easy to change the number of recent threads that appear. That is a feature where I just type in a number.
If you want, we can try increasing it.
Making it customizable on an individual user level is a whole different ballgame with the current system we have.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
having the past 50 would be an improvement. I get to the site maybe twice a week and that would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.