PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
So I'm one of those people that gets more excited about giving than getting. I have to say I'm really excited to see what people think of the local blends that I stuffed in there..

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I can attest the Pirate's Alley is an excellent Va/Per, thanks to freakie. If the other blends from that place are as good, folks are in for a pleasant surprise.
Whats the girls name as she sort of resembles my wife!

Hot damn, not many men can say their wife is Tim Curry hot. :rofl:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Sorry gang! Life intervened and I still have to get the first pics off my phone. Cobguy was nice enough to send some additions to the box, but given how packed it is, I have my work cut out for me to make sure there is room for my additions as well as his. I'm going to try to post some pics tonight and I might even get a smoke in too!
-Jason

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
given how packed it is, I have my work cut out for me ...
I was going to send quite a bit more but it looks STUFFED. 8O
Thanks for squeezing those in, Jason! :)

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Heh. This Sunday I finally got to try something from the box. The Country Squire Baker Street is a good Latakia-forward blend. It's got more Latakia than I'm used to smoking lately so I'd classify this in the upper range of English blends and I think part of it is the Perique which is a welcome addition. I haven't had too many Latakia-forward blends that contain this much Perique or any appreciable amount for that matter. Certainly not a Balkan in terms of classification but still a hearty blend. I'm going to have to get a couple of ounces to really test this one out but I think it's one for the cellar.
Next up is Pirate's Alley. With the G&H Bosun Cut Plug on deck. The G&H BCP has been on my "to try" list for a few years. It'll be interesting to see how it is.
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Due to a family issue, I have to get this thing moving before I've had a chance to plumb its depths. If I don't get it moving, I fear it'll get pushed by the wayside. Daimyo, if you're ready, let your voice be heard!
-Jason

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I am ready good sirs but if it pleases the assembly, feel free to take a few days to pull samples. Sounds like the box is stuffed anyway. But I am ready to go whenever. Hoping all is well as well.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Sooo, very shortly after leaving me, the box has recieved a major tune up... I am humbly requesting a timeline when I can humbly request to be put back on the list... :D
I just ordered 12lb of C&D from Smoking pipes, so I have stuff to put in the box. :puffy:
Happy Sunday, btw. We aren't nearly as chatty as we once were. Hope you all are well.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
As I feared, the box has languished in my care, and for this, I apologize to the entire group. I packed it all up, only to realize I had forgotten to put in my additions. I will try to repack and get this thing out tomorrow, daimyo.
Again, I sincerely apologize for the delay. Life it seems is purposefully throwing me curve balls lately, and I suck at baseball to begin with.
-Jason

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I don't know about anyone else but I can imagine that what ever you have going on with life is a hell of a lot more important to tend. I know if it were me a few days extra to allow a brother of the Briar time to dig himself out wouldn't bother me.
Side note if you didn't get to try any of the other blends I threw in that you were interested in let me know I'd be happy to box some up and shoot them up your way. After all they were primarily in there for you to try anyway.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Jason, set the box aside and deal with whatever else has crossed your path. The box can wait, and you'll appreciate having a few new blends to choose from, once the dark cloud passes.