PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob1

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
Such a great looking pipe from WWII era.

If only pipes could talk, what stories!
Very Nice Restore.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Awesome job!

I just finished A Linkmans that I am going to keep. It's a shape "33" with a shield engraved in the shank. Have not seen a shield yet and I love the shape so this one was spared for my DG collection. I will post pics of it tomorrow for the folks who are into that sort of thing :)

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
I am pretty late to the show, but wow is that a sweet lookin pipe! Thanks for the threadsurrection!!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You may want to ask the guys over at this site Tommy. They are Dr. Grabow collectors (lol). Link is here.
Yes! And we take our Dr. Grabow collecting quite seriously! Even if they are just dirt cheap drug store pipes!
Edit--Nice old Linkmans and a nice job of shining it up!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Bump on this since there's one out there on eBay.
I was just browsing and loved the look of this pipe. Until I did some research. This is a really neat collectors item that appears to be in excellent shape. I think I'm gonna pass since I'm saving the money for the pipe I'm really looking for, but perhaps one of you may be interested.
Here's the pipe for sale http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-LINKMANs-1940s-FOUR-digit-3962-DELUXE-Pipe-R56-/260926545070?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc06f1cae#shId or just click here

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
That's a nice pipe, mluyckx - I was tempted to buy it, I mean it has some history on it. But at the same time, would I pay $60 for that pipe if it was new? Probably not. Gotta pass for the same reason.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That is a nice Linkmans. If I didn't have a couple of those I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Not many folks other than hard core Grabow collectors would pay that much for a Grabow. I have a few that I would not sell for twice that amount.
Spyder,what happened with the 33? One of my favorite Linkman shapes.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Spyder,what happened with the 33? One of my favorite Linkman shapes.

I forgot! K, I will take a few pics in the morning and post them up... I'm so forgetful.

Status
Not open for further replies.