PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Sen-Sen! Rich's Cigar in Portland, Oregon, was one of the few places that sold them:
517px-Sen-Sen.jpg

Not discontinued but difficult to find in the USA, Tim Tams:
Tim-Tam-Original_1200x1200.png
American do not understand the infinite deliciousness that is inside a Tim Tam. Man those are delicious. Used to get them at Jungle Jims in Cincinnati.

I miss these from the 60's-70's. Would rip your teeth right from your head.

Sugar-Mama-Candy-3.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Apparently Atomic Fireballs were discontinued this year. I've lost faith in humanity.
Atomic Fireballs are still available.

Before I retired, I worked for the electric utility in Chicago. Ferrara Pan made Lemonheads, Boston Baked Beans and Red Hots. When I worked in the same neighborhood as Ferrara Pan and they were producing Red Hots the whole neighborhood smelled like cinnamon. If my memory is correct, they were in Forest Park, a suburb of Chicago. Not sure if they're still there.

Reactions: briarbuck

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Back in the 60's my grandmother lived a couple of blocks away, so we saw her several times a week. She always had a candy dish full of hard candy, little curly ribbons and red raspberries. They were always sticky...not very appetizing, even for a little kid.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Back in the 60's my grandmother lived a couple of blocks away, so we saw her several times a week. She always had a candy dish full of hard candy, little curly ribbons and red raspberries. They were always sticky...not very appetizing, even for a little kid.
Do you mean the red raspberry candy with the soft center but the wrapper more resembled a strawberry? If so, my grandma and all grandmas seemed to have those in the 90s. And Worther’s origInals.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Do you mean the red raspberry candy with the soft center but the wrapper more resembled a strawberry? If so, my grandma and all grandmas seemed to have those in the 90s. And Worther’s origInals.
I know the wrapped raspberry candies you're describing, but my grandmother's weren't wrapped. They were red and raspberry shaped with a soft center. This was the mid to late '60's. Maybe they didn't wrap them back then.

Reactions: Egg Shen